Home » News » Public Safety
Fremont teen safe after air, land search
Wood said police launched the search about two hours after she was first reported missing because she had made no contact with anyone and there had been no activity on her cell phone. Police were able to trace her phone, but there had been no movement, Wood said.
"That's when we became concerned," he said. "It was also getting colder and getting dark and we were aware that she wasn't dressed for the cold weather."
A state police helicopter assisted with the search of the area around her neighborhood in the Tuck Woods housing development.
Nearly five hours after she left home, the teenager showed up at a residence on Route 111A in Brentwood and asked to use a phone to call home.
Wood said she was "just a little cold," but otherwise OK.
Fremont police were also assisted by officers from Brentwood, Bedford, Kingston, and Newton.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Group raising money for family of Raymond man killed by boulder - 0
- Newly renovated Blair Covered Bridge damaged by truck - 0
- Nashua man who died jumping off bridge to escape heat identified - 0
- Pit bull owner sought in fatal attack on another dog near Tuckerman Ravine - 15
- Man's body pulled from Merrimack River - 0
- Free gun lock giveway begins Sept. 1 in Conway - 0
- Victim identified in fatal Pelham motorcycle accident - 0
- Man killed in Pelham motorcycle accident identified as local man, 24 - 0
- Manchester man seriously injured after driving into oncoming traffic - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Goffstown's Bourque impresses; Memorial, Bishop Guertin, Pinkerton win in Queen City Jamboree - 0
- Hanover boys soccer edges defense-minded BG - 0
- NH Fisher Cats, Pierre stun Rock Cats in 4-3 win - 0
- Helping hands for new St. Anselm students in Manchester on move in day - 0
- To market, to market: Market Basket shoppers flock on in - 0
- Nashua Market Basket employee: 'Worth every day of work lost' - 0
- NH teen killers to get sentence reviews after state Supreme Court decision - 0
- Manchester raid came 8 months after home invasion - 0
- NH killer in 1991 Smart trial seeks time with wife - 0
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
Enter to win tickets to see Paula Poundstone
Win tickets to see Steven Wright
Goffstown's Bourque impresses; Memorial, Bishop Guertin, Pinkerton win in Queen City Jamboree
Hooksett highs: A good multiple choice test