Home » News » Public Safety
Fremont teen safe after air, land search
Wood said police launched the search about two hours after she was first reported missing because she had made no contact with anyone and there had been no activity on her cell phone. Police were able to trace her phone, but there had been no movement, Wood said.
"That's when we became concerned," he said. "It was also getting colder and getting dark and we were aware that she wasn't dressed for the cold weather."
A state police helicopter assisted with the search of the area around her neighborhood in the Tuck Woods housing development.
Nearly five hours after she left home, the teenager showed up at a residence on Route 111A in Brentwood and asked to use a phone to call home.
Wood said she was "just a little cold," but otherwise OK.
Fremont police were also assisted by officers from Brentwood, Bedford, Kingston, and Newton.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Merrimack fire quickly doused - 0
- UPDATED: One seriously hurt, 12 homeless after early morning Manchester fire - 0
- Snowmobiler injured while riding on Thornton golf course - 0
- Dartmouth under fire for response to incidents of rape on campus - 0
- NH hospital personnel to train for disasters - 0
- Snowmobiler dies; 4th fatality of season - 0
- Driver seriously injured in Londonderry wreck - 0
- Dover snowmobiler dies in Barnstead crash - 0
- Most property owners clear hydrants of snow - 0
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Parents share what 'CJ' taught them - 0
- Gilford High junior surprised by Francis Wayland Parker honor - 0
- Police bill disputed by Stewartstown and Colebrook ends up in court - 0
- New to Nottingham, fire victims plan to stay - 0
- Arts-based charter high school in Derry begins accepting applications - 0
- Troy voters accept community center donation - 0
- Voters support Bow School District articles - 0
- License revocations for DWI announced - 0
- Nashua mayor: Greeley Park is right spot for playground - 0
Police at scene of Center Ossipee shooting
New to Nottingham, fire victims plan to stay
Litchfield man found stabbed
Scott Brown's latest step stirs the pot
Hooksett's choices: Leave them to parents