Home » Sports » Hockey » Bruins/NHL
Bourque, Rask lead B's past Maple Leafs
Chris Kelly added an assist for the second consecutive contest for the Bruins, who have won seven straight versus Toronto to improve to 24-5-5 in their last 34 games.
James Reimer suffered a hard-luck loss after finishing with 33 saves. The young netminder was blitzed by Boston last season en route to dropping both decisions and amassing a gaudy 6.58 goals-against average and .795 save percentage.
Rask kept the Maple Leafs at bay to register his 12th career shutout and first this season. Rask improved to 7-1-0 in his career versus Toronto after stopping seven shots in all three periods.
Bourque provided all the offense Rask would need at 8:54 of the first period when he banged home Kelly's brilliant backhanded feed from in close.
Bourque showed shades of his famous father Ray when he let out a familiar fist pump after he scored his first goal with the Bruins and second of his NHL career.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Girls' Basketball: Title defenders are also contenders - 0
- Hanover’s Grabill named top regional soccer coach - 0
- Londonderry's Aliza Simpson chooses UNH for basketball - 0
- H.S. Football: Knight leads South past North - 0
- H.S. Football: Trinity, with all the trimmings, runs past Central - 3
- Unchained following 34 years, Thursday's Turkey Bowl is Paul Boucher's last game - 1
- Roger Brown's First & 10: Motivation aplenty for Central and Trinity in Manchester's annual Turkey Bowl - 3
- Martinez, Rodriguez lift Salem past Lawrence - 0
- Roger Brown's First & 10: On any given Thursday - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dartmouth skaters dealt another close loss - 0
- Gaming authority offers regulatory structure - 0
- Portsmouth man gets prison for sex assault of disabled woman - 0
- Wolfeboro nursing home evacuated after minor chemical spill - 0
- Dover woman admits to bank robberies in two states - 0
- Motorists injured in two car collision on Route 9, Spofford - 0
- Arrest made in attempted robbery of Littleton gas station - 0
- Ex-Littleton man sentenced to prison for DWI crash - 0
- Greenfield planners seek input on Heritage District plan proposal - 0
Symphony NH plans pair of holiday events
Hooksett man arrested on assault charges
Driver was trying to kill himself
NH reps eyeing budget deal
Decision to tap F&G habitat fund explained
Big tipper stops for lunch
Keene to appeal Robin Hood rulings