Home » Sports » Hockey » Bruins/NHL
Bourque, Rask lead B's past Maple Leafs
Chris Kelly added an assist for the second consecutive contest for the Bruins, who have won seven straight versus Toronto to improve to 24-5-5 in their last 34 games.
James Reimer suffered a hard-luck loss after finishing with 33 saves. The young netminder was blitzed by Boston last season en route to dropping both decisions and amassing a gaudy 6.58 goals-against average and .795 save percentage.
Rask kept the Maple Leafs at bay to register his 12th career shutout and first this season. Rask improved to 7-1-0 in his career versus Toronto after stopping seven shots in all three periods.
Bourque provided all the offense Rask would need at 8:54 of the first period when he banged home Kelly's brilliant backhanded feed from in close.
Bourque showed shades of his famous father Ray when he let out a familiar fist pump after he scored his first goal with the Bruins and second of his NHL career.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Granite Staters lifts UConn baseball team in NCAAs - 0
- Berlin native Gendron is new Maine ice coach - 0
- Goffstown’s Bourque heads UNH hockey recuiting list - 0
- Granite State players help college teams to playoffs - 0
- Franklin Pierce ousted from NCAA Div. II baseball championship - 0
- Sloppy FPU outslugged at World Series - 0
- Dionne, Duprey help Duke - 0
- Franklin Pierce opens D-II World Series with win - 1
- NCAA finals a first for most FPU Ravens - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Recent 'Fugitive of the Week' Michelle Smith captured in Nashua - 0
- UPDATED: Senate, House negotiators mull compromise plan to narrowly align state insurance rules with 'Obamacare' - 1
- Apology issued for naming of Boston bomber as a victim of gun violence at Concord rally - 16
- UPDATE: Salem student receives minor injuries in bus crash - 0
- 21 in Concord wake to find their tires slashed - 0
- House proposes special session to decide Medicaid expansion - 3
- NH man to be tried in $13 million mortgage fraud scheme - 0
- UPDATE: Elderly Nashua couple were stabbed to death - 12
- UPDATE: Police say man found dead outside Wall Street Towers jumped - 4
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
UPDATED: Apology issued for naming of Boston bomber as a victim of gun violence at Concord rally