Home » Sports » Hockey » Bruins/NHL
Bourque, Rask lead B's past Maple Leafs
Chris Kelly added an assist for the second consecutive contest for the Bruins, who have won seven straight versus Toronto to improve to 24-5-5 in their last 34 games.
James Reimer suffered a hard-luck loss after finishing with 33 saves. The young netminder was blitzed by Boston last season en route to dropping both decisions and amassing a gaudy 6.58 goals-against average and .795 save percentage.
Rask kept the Maple Leafs at bay to register his 12th career shutout and first this season. Rask improved to 7-1-0 in his career versus Toronto after stopping seven shots in all three periods.
Bourque provided all the offense Rask would need at 8:54 of the first period when he banged home Kelly's brilliant backhanded feed from in close.
Bourque showed shades of his famous father Ray when he let out a familiar fist pump after he scored his first goal with the Bruins and second of his NHL career.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sanbornton voters say no to SB 2 - 0
- Old building, new roads on Peterborough warrant - 0
- Sanbornton to vote again on SB2 - 0
- Employee pay, dump trucks key Sanbornton warrant - 0
- Proposed New London budget shows 3 percent increase - 0
- Conway voters ok school budget, but reject teacher's contract - 0
- Ortega, Barnes reelected to Merrimack School Board - 0
- Merrimack polls open today - 0
- Merrimack election on Tuesday - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH College Notebook: Honors keep coming for several Granite State athletes - 0
- Another View -- Glenn Normandeau: Protecting endangered non-game species a NH success story - 0
- Sam Asano's Let's Invent: Inventors, beware of PGL -- Paranoia, greed and laziness - 0
- Marine think tank to move to former Great Bay campus - 0
- Mike Cote's Business Editor's Notebook: Vending machines go natural - 0
- Andy Schachat's On the Run: Lots to love about NH road race/triathlon scene - 0
- Investigators seek cause of Conn. train crash - 0
- Ortiz knocks in six in Red Sox win - 0
- College Baseball: Ravens outlast Penmen in 13 to survive another day - 0
Ortiz knocks in six in Red Sox win
UNH Law School grads told to 'serve justice'
Lebanon College graduates 19
UNH hires firm to redesign one of its logos