Home » Sports » Hockey » Bruins/NHL
Bourque, Rask lead B's past Maple Leafs
Chris Kelly added an assist for the second consecutive contest for the Bruins, who have won seven straight versus Toronto to improve to 24-5-5 in their last 34 games.
James Reimer suffered a hard-luck loss after finishing with 33 saves. The young netminder was blitzed by Boston last season en route to dropping both decisions and amassing a gaudy 6.58 goals-against average and .795 save percentage.
Rask kept the Maple Leafs at bay to register his 12th career shutout and first this season. Rask improved to 7-1-0 in his career versus Toronto after stopping seven shots in all three periods.
Bourque provided all the offense Rask would need at 8:54 of the first period when he banged home Kelly's brilliant backhanded feed from in close.
Bourque showed shades of his famous father Ray when he let out a familiar fist pump after he scored his first goal with the Bruins and second of his NHL career.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sanbornton voters add money back into budget - 0
- Sanbornton voters say no to SB 2 - 0
- Old building, new roads on Peterborough warrant - 0
- Sanbornton to vote again on SB2 - 0
- Employee pay, dump trucks key Sanbornton warrant - 0
- Proposed New London budget shows 3 percent increase - 0
- Conway voters ok school budget, but reject teacher's contract - 0
- Ortega, Barnes reelected to Merrimack School Board - 0
- Merrimack polls open today - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Pearl Street lot proposal involves student housing in Manchester - 0
- Manchester VFW posts fights to survive without poker cash - 0
- Surveillance led NSA to 50 terror 'events' - 0
- One arrested as Concord gun-control rally gets rowdy - 12
- Celtics, Clippers call off Doc deal - 0
- High school football is in the air as CHad practice opens - 0
- Agencies to offer summer food service to Derry children in need - 0
- Londonderry emergency shelter will now be open to pets - 0
- Derry school district continues to push its high-achieving students - 0
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
Nashua couple's deaths called suspicious
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time