Monarchs fall short on the road in Hershey
The Bears generated 44 shots and owned a two-goal lead when Monarchs captain Linden Vey netted his 12th goal of the season at 14 minutes 6 seconds of the third period. Chris Huxley scooped up a loose puck from in front of a goalmouth scramble and passed to Vey, who fired a low shot inside the left post to beat keeper Philipp Grubauer. Tyler Toffoli and Huxley were credited with assists.
Monarchs goalie Martin Jones saved 42 shots before heading to the bench in the closing minute of play to give the club an extra attacker. Armed Two delayed offside calls thwarted the last gasp comeback attempt.
The Monarchs dropped to 21-21, remaining in third place of the Atlantic Division. Eastern Division foe Hershey improved to 20-19.
The Bears opened the scoring at 2:05 of the first period. Mike Carman factored on both Hershey scores, assisting on goals by Barry Almeida and the third period game-winner by Cameron Schilling.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Big challenges? Bring ’em on - 3
- Florida State's Winston captures Heisman Trophy by a landslide - 0
- College Football: UNH in FCS semifinals for first time ever - 2
- College Sports Roundup: SNHU men cagers can't hold big lead against Merrimack - 1
- Good-natured talk leads to friendly bet in UNH game - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Hard work paid off for UNH coaches - 0
- College Football: UNH on a business trip - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Wildcats have come a long way - 1
- Dartmouth skaters dealt another close loss - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Proposed article sets rules for use of temporary signs - 0
- Newsreel: State unemployment stable; Gates Foundation CEO named; generic Viagra out soon - 0
- Leclerc takes second place in men's hockey - 0
- Trinity-Central game pushed to tonight - 0
- Derryfield's Hyde, Faulkner star in ski relays - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Goalies everywhere - 0
- 'The Granite Wall' stays solid as UNH marches into postseason - 0
- Lebanon City Hall renovation could move forward at hearing - 0
Shaheen, Ayotte split on House budget plan