Monarchs fall short on the road in Hershey
The Bears generated 44 shots and owned a two-goal lead when Monarchs captain Linden Vey netted his 12th goal of the season at 14 minutes 6 seconds of the third period. Chris Huxley scooped up a loose puck from in front of a goalmouth scramble and passed to Vey, who fired a low shot inside the left post to beat keeper Philipp Grubauer. Tyler Toffoli and Huxley were credited with assists.
Monarchs goalie Martin Jones saved 42 shots before heading to the bench in the closing minute of play to give the club an extra attacker. Armed Two delayed offside calls thwarted the last gasp comeback attempt.
The Monarchs dropped to 21-21, remaining in third place of the Atlantic Division. Eastern Division foe Hershey improved to 20-19.
The Bears opened the scoring at 2:05 of the first period. Mike Carman factored on both Hershey scores, assisting on goals by Barry Almeida and the third period game-winner by Cameron Schilling.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sanbornton voters add money back into budget - 0
- Sanbornton voters say no to SB 2 - 0
- Old building, new roads on Peterborough warrant - 0
- Sanbornton to vote again on SB2 - 0
- Employee pay, dump trucks key Sanbornton warrant - 0
- Proposed New London budget shows 3 percent increase - 0
- Conway voters ok school budget, but reject teacher's contract - 0
- Ortega, Barnes reelected to Merrimack School Board - 0
- Merrimack polls open today - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Gambling bill scuttled, 'Now it is going to be really tough' for budget - 2
- NHIAA Roundup: BG girls’ tennis team sweeps Pinkerton - 0
- NHIAA box scores, summaries for May 22 - 0
- Officials say Goffstown High ‘safe’ after threat of violence - 0
- Manchester Community College graduates told ‘speak your minds’ - 0
- Portsmouth manhunt suspect turns himself in to police - 0
- Nurse said Exeter Hospital is making her a ‘scapegoat’ in hepatitis case - 0
- Derry council defends officials' purchases - 0
- Nashua librarian reports E-books flying off virtual shelves - 0
Memorial Day events in New Hampshire
Milford team wins seatbelt challenge
Consider Nevada: Gambling always expands