Monarchs fall short on the road in Hershey
The Bears generated 44 shots and owned a two-goal lead when Monarchs captain Linden Vey netted his 12th goal of the season at 14 minutes 6 seconds of the third period. Chris Huxley scooped up a loose puck from in front of a goalmouth scramble and passed to Vey, who fired a low shot inside the left post to beat keeper Philipp Grubauer. Tyler Toffoli and Huxley were credited with assists.
Monarchs goalie Martin Jones saved 42 shots before heading to the bench in the closing minute of play to give the club an extra attacker. Armed Two delayed offside calls thwarted the last gasp comeback attempt.
The Monarchs dropped to 21-21, remaining in third place of the Atlantic Division. Eastern Division foe Hershey improved to 20-19.
The Bears opened the scoring at 2:05 of the first period. Mike Carman factored on both Hershey scores, assisting on goals by Barry Almeida and the third period game-winner by Cameron Schilling.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- George Will: The choices we have on Iran - 0
- Roger Simon: We should not be in Afghanistan next year - 3
- Charles Krauthammer: America in retreat, allies abandoned - 0
- Charles Lane: A Social Security fix that fixes nothing - 21
- Fergus Cullen: Baines and Bramante modernize education for the iTunes era - 2
- John Stossel: Want to give back? Start a business - 8
- Ted Gatsas and Bob Baines: STEAM Ahead will transform students' lives in Manchester - 6
- Jonah Goldberg: No, Obamacare is not remotely close to fixed - 2
- George Will: A case for containing Iran - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Incredible win tempered by loss of Gronkowski - 0
- National champion SNHU booters return home to big welcome - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Football team on to SE Louisiana - 0
- Nashua aldermen set to vote on contract for teachers - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Let there be Christmas lights - 0
- Plea deal possible in Littleton murder - 0
- New UNH logo draws mixed reactions - 0
- Gilmanton library may shut down if it doesn’t get funding - 0
- Father not convinced girl in video is Abigail Hernandez - 0
New UNH logo draws mixed reactions
New Hampshire Senior News Notes
UNH unveils new 'shield' logo
UNH lecturers seek to unionize
Word of Abby's letter spurs tips of no use