Monarchs fall short on the road in Hershey
The Bears generated 44 shots and owned a two-goal lead when Monarchs captain Linden Vey netted his 12th goal of the season at 14 minutes 6 seconds of the third period. Chris Huxley scooped up a loose puck from in front of a goalmouth scramble and passed to Vey, who fired a low shot inside the left post to beat keeper Philipp Grubauer. Tyler Toffoli and Huxley were credited with assists.
Monarchs goalie Martin Jones saved 42 shots before heading to the bench in the closing minute of play to give the club an extra attacker. Armed Two delayed offside calls thwarted the last gasp comeback attempt.
The Monarchs dropped to 21-21, remaining in third place of the Atlantic Division. Eastern Division foe Hershey improved to 20-19.
The Bears opened the scoring at 2:05 of the first period. Mike Carman factored on both Hershey scores, assisting on goals by Barry Almeida and the third period game-winner by Cameron Schilling.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- South Africa's Nelson Mandela dies at 95 - 0
- Fire scene closes Goffstown's Paige Hill Road - 0
- Gas tax increase would be tied to consumer price index - 5
- Dingman granted conditional parole - 5
- Suicide bomber, gunmen kill 52 in Yemen - 0
- Manchester gas station burglarized - 0
- Conn. tractor-trailer driver charged in Manchester hit and run - 2
- John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to be in Londonderry tonight, says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans - 10
- Goffstown man held in Triangle Credit Union robbery, burglaries - 0
Dingman granted conditional parole
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to be in Londonderry tonight, says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans