May 24, 2013
May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
Official says Laurie list to be checked in new officer-involved shootings
Stahl and two Windham police officers were cleared in the shooting of Grant Hebert in Windham after a police pursuit. Hebert, of Pelham, was treated for small bullet wounds to his calf, scalp and upper back, the Union Leader reported at the time.
The revelation that Stahl's name is on the Hillsborough County attorney's Laurie list will change how officer-involved shooting investigations are conducted in the future, Young said.
"Based on the facts of that (Hebert) case, even if we were aware, it wouldn't have made any difference," Young said.
Cruiser cameras captured some of the action, she said, and all of the officers were interviewed independently.
"Each corroborated the other's statement," Young said.
When the state prepares for trial, her office always make inquiries as to whether someone testifying is on a Laurie list, Young said. "Going forward in officer-involved shooting investigations, we will now ask that question, as well."
Top prosecutors must keep lists containing the names of police officers whose confidential personnel files include information that could limit their ability to testify truthfully at trial.
Further investigation must be done before a determination is made that the information in an officer's file is relevant and serious enough to warrant disclosure or possible use by the defense to impeach an officer's testimony.
Young said police interviewed in officer-involved shootings are not placed under oath.
"It's not sworn testimony," Young said. "We ask them to provide a statement."
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Portsmouth drug raid nets four arrests for sale of heroin - 0
- Manchester Market clerk robbed by man armed with knife - 0
- Man who spent days under Salem woman's trailer recording sentenced to prison - 2
- Man sought for attempting to lure girl into white van near Nashua school - 0
- Lawyer who made porn videos of teenage daughter gets 40 years in jail - 33
- Trial delayed for Epping man charged with shooting romantic rival - 9
- Former editor indicted on child porn charges - 3
- Somersworth man indicted for Market Basket robbery in Epping - 1
- Former editor indicted on child porn charges - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Talk of UNH logo change brings out passions - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: Gosselin stepping down as city AD - 0
- Lackey sharp as Red Sox pound Cleveland, Masterson - 0
- Manchester Vet Center just 'a great place' - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Bedford netmen earn spot in state final - 0
- NHIAA Scoreboard, May 24, 2013 - 0
- NHIAA Div. I Track: Lynch, North boys prevail - 0
- Two found dead in Belmont; one man detained as part of investigation - 0
- Weather this weekend may be more like Veterans Day - 0
NHIAA Scoreboard, May 24, 2013
Memorial Day services, events around NH
Just say it: Our fight is with radical Islam
The casino vote: The House did its duty
Talk of UNH logo change brings out passions
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424