Home » News » Public Safety
Water main break causes trouble for Bedford drivers
On Sunday morning, drivers were forced to use caution on South River Road, near the Manchester town line, when a water main break forced the closure of a lane near the intersection of Wathen Road. The break occurred along a section of the road alongside The Bedford Grove shopping plaza at Colby Court, which includes a Hannaford store and Panera Bread restaurant.
A similar water main break hindered traffic through the same area Friday morning.
Bedford police first reported Sunday's break at about 1 a.m., and Manchester Water Works crews began excavating the roadway around 4 a.m.
Bedford police reported the work completed and traffic flowing smoothly as of 6 p.m.
READER COMMENTS: 25
- Extreme skier's handgun found, returned to him - 8
- Antrim fire damages cape - 0
- Merrimack students get a sobering lesson about drinking and driving - 0
- Two crashes reported on I-93 in Canterbury, Londonderry - 0
- Man killed in Seabrook fire identified - 0
- UPDATE: Search suspended for Northfield man a second day - 0
- Serious Concord crash injures Mass. woman - 0
- Concord police seek help locating homeless man - 0
- Barrington home destroyed in two-alarm blaze - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- On Baseball: Locke pitches game in minor league rehab - 0
- NH College Notebook: Franklin Pierce's King named to 18U coaching staff - 0
- Another View - Ahad Fazelat: How Medicare reimbursement numbers are misleading - 0
- 'He is risen': 'As he said' - 0
- A cellphone ban: Ignoring inconvenient data - 0
- City budget talk: How about solutions instead? - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Defense has let Sox down so far - 0
- Developers think Guard site would have big potential - 0
- Charles Krauthammer: The zealots win again - 0
Man electrocuted at Keene brush fire