Home » News » Public Safety
Water main break causes trouble for Bedford drivers
On Sunday morning, drivers were forced to use caution on South River Road, near the Manchester town line, when a water main break forced the closure of a lane near the intersection of Wathen Road. The break occurred along a section of the road alongside The Bedford Grove shopping plaza at Colby Court, which includes a Hannaford store and Panera Bread restaurant.
A similar water main break hindered traffic through the same area Friday morning.
Bedford police first reported Sunday's break at about 1 a.m., and Manchester Water Works crews began excavating the roadway around 4 a.m.
Bedford police reported the work completed and traffic flowing smoothly as of 6 p.m.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester police honor their own for dedicated service - 0
- Damage from water main break closes portion of Allds Street in Nashua - 0
- Former UNH police chief remembered as 'amazing leader' - 0
- Pinkerton warns community of person soliciting students - 0
- Oil tanker strikes Memorial Bridge early Friday - 1
- Firefighters battle blaze at Pittsfield pizza plant - 0
- Water main break in downtown Nashua - 0
- Manchester fire heavily damages one apartment - 0
- Derry teen credited with saving home from kitchen fire - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Merrimack survives scare - 0
- NHIAA Tournament Roundup: Central breaks away from Exeter - 0
- College Hockey: Dartmouth drops tournament opener - 0
- FEMA OKs $8m for repairs in Lincoln, Lebanon - 0
- Official says Manchester lost out on $1.5m for cell tower court has now ordered built - 5
- John Habib's City Sports: Derryfield's 'Mouse' made his mark - 1
- Rondo leads Celtics past Nets - 0
- Hats off to O'Neill, Monarchs - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Maughn, Memorial top Londonderry - 0
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief