Home » News » Public Safety
Water main break causes trouble for Bedford drivers
On Sunday morning, drivers were forced to use caution on South River Road, near the Manchester town line, when a water main break forced the closure of a lane near the intersection of Wathen Road. The break occurred along a section of the road alongside The Bedford Grove shopping plaza at Colby Court, which includes a Hannaford store and Panera Bread restaurant.
A similar water main break hindered traffic through the same area Friday morning.
Bedford police first reported Sunday's break at about 1 a.m., and Manchester Water Works crews began excavating the roadway around 4 a.m.
Bedford police reported the work completed and traffic flowing smoothly as of 6 p.m.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPDATED: State Police bomb squad called to Manchester West High for plastic bottles of solvent - 0
- Swanzey man pulled from fire in serious condition - 0
- Man dies in Northumberland crash - 0
- Power restored to Hooksett and Candia - 0
- Fire destroys Hanover home - 0
- Chester teen suffers serious injuries in dirt bike accident - 0
- AG continues investigation in search for missing Abby Hernandez - 0
- Pair sent to Massachusetts hospital for serious burns following grease fire in Milton home - 0
- Boy, 14, injured in 20-foot fall in Allenstown - 0
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Vote: ‘No nit’ policy relaxed for Manchester schools - 0
- License revocations for DWI announced - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat Hopefully, this too shall pass - 0
- Poll: More than 25% haven't heard of Northern Pass; mixed attitudes for others - 1
- Flood watch and rain follow day of near-record temperatures - 0
- NH doctors: There's more to Medicare list than meets the eye - 0
- Belmont students consider dropping 'offensive' mascot - 0
- Police: Boscawen chase involved homeless man at wheel - 0
- Plaistow man in toddler abuse case indicted in jail assault - 0
License revocations for DWI announced
Berlin BioPower plant coming up to speed
Facebook leads to career in social media
Rep. Shea-Porter honored for efforts to aid in health care by National Association of Community Health Centers