Home » News » Public Safety
Water main break causes trouble for Bedford drivers
On Sunday morning, drivers were forced to use caution on South River Road, near the Manchester town line, when a water main break forced the closure of a lane near the intersection of Wathen Road. The break occurred along a section of the road alongside The Bedford Grove shopping plaza at Colby Court, which includes a Hannaford store and Panera Bread restaurant.
A similar water main break hindered traffic through the same area Friday morning.
Bedford police first reported Sunday's break at about 1 a.m., and Manchester Water Works crews began excavating the roadway around 4 a.m.
Bedford police reported the work completed and traffic flowing smoothly as of 6 p.m.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Truck pulls down power line, starts paint store blaze - 0
- Abigail Hernandez’ mother: She did not run away - 0
- Weare officer won't face charges in fatal shooting - 5
- State revokes license for New Hampshire childcare center amid abuse allegations - 1
- Downed wires shuts Concord street - 0
- Quick-acting Litchfield woman jumps into canoe and paddles to rescue of kayaker - 1
- Man's story about stab wound questioned by Laconia police - 0
- Two fires in Manchester - 0
- Indictments issued in fatal crashes in Dover, Barrington, Rochester - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hooksett police charge local man in several BB gun complaints - 0
- Fire destroys Weare home - 0
- High winds cause power outages, fan fires across state - 0
- Fugitive nabbed as he checks out the weather - 0
- Bail set for TD Bank robbery suspect in Derry - 1
- Fetal homicide bill stopped in the Senate - 0
- Democrats worry about 'dirty tricks' - 0
- No change in bail for Dover teen facing felony arson charge - 1
- Full text of the attorney general's report regarding Campbell and Pappas - 0
Michigan’s ban: Sotomayor’s ‘disadvantages’
No charges in Nashua 'Duck-gate'
Rep. Kuster talks women's economic issues
George Will: Our adolescent President