Home » News » Public Safety
Water main break causes trouble for Bedford drivers
On Sunday morning, drivers were forced to use caution on South River Road, near the Manchester town line, when a water main break forced the closure of a lane near the intersection of Wathen Road. The break occurred along a section of the road alongside The Bedford Grove shopping plaza at Colby Court, which includes a Hannaford store and Panera Bread restaurant.
A similar water main break hindered traffic through the same area Friday morning.
Bedford police first reported Sunday's break at about 1 a.m., and Manchester Water Works crews began excavating the roadway around 4 a.m.
Bedford police reported the work completed and traffic flowing smoothly as of 6 p.m.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- ATV sinks trying to skim water of Weirs Beach - 0
- Fire destroys vacant Nashua building - 0
- Pre-St. Pat's party at UMass turns violent, 43 arrested - 0
- Pittsfield pizza dough company already rebuilding after fire - 0
- Two-alarm blaze at vacant building in Nashua - 0
- Police officer, firefighter team up to rescue dog from frozen Raymond river - 0
- Pilot safe after crash landing on Alton ice runway - 0
- Police dog Mingo is in even better hands - 0
- Manchester police honor their own for dedicated service - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Yet another must-win scenario for men's hockey team - 0
- Nashua mayor to aldermen: Don’t alter rules on city contracts - 0
- Merrimack-Trinity semifinal to be followed by Memorial-Central in Div. I basketball - 0
- Pinkerton-Londonderry rivalry set for Div. I hockey semifinal - 1
- 'Mathletes' chosen to represent NH in national competition - 0
- Parking lot study to go before Peterborough voters - 0
- Former Derry Town Administrator John Anderson asks judge to dismiss charges - 0
- Board of Education to vote on Nashua North High principal - 0
- Pembroke Academy wants to help at-risk students - 0
For New Hampshire towns, it’s time to vote
Planned Parenthood funds S&M Web video
Blue shame: Obamacare's big change
NH delays enforcing liquor warehouse pact
Ted Siefer's City Hall: It was all about chickens, alleged threats and nocturnal wanderings