Home » News » Public Safety
Water main break causes trouble for Bedford drivers
Manchester Water Works bills to go up 3 percent for 160,000
On Sunday morning, drivers were forced to use caution on South River Road, near the Manchester town line, when a water main break forced the closure of a lane near the intersection of Wathen Road. The break occurred along a section of the road alongside The Bedford Grove shopping plaza at Colby Court, which includes a Hannaford store and Panera Bread restaurant.
A similar water main break hindered traffic through the same area Friday morning.
Bedford police first reported Sunday's break at about 1 a.m., and Manchester Water Works crews began excavating the roadway around 4 a.m.
Bedford police reported the work completed and traffic flowing smoothly as of 6 p.m.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nottingham man injured in wagon accident suing Hampton Falls orchard - 1
- Lightning strikes Manchester home, sparks fire - 0
- Asphalt truck overturns in Jaffrey - 0
- Police to educate Manchester motorists on distracted driving - 7
- Bird's nest may have caused house fire in Hudson - 1
- New Ipswich man burned in garage fire, flown to Boston - 0
- Two sustained minor injuries in Rochester crash Sunday - 0
- Boat crash in Tuftonboro investigated - 0
- Driving lesson turns into car accident in Laconia - 0
READER COMMENTS: 5
- House passes auto dealers bill of rights - 1
- Rochester man facing up to 30 years in prison for brutal assault - 0
- Man who confronts burglar in Nashua gets bit - 0
- Police say Nashua man struck woman with Jeep - 0
- Last-minute lobbying frantic as House prepares for casino vote - 4
- Pease chosen to receive new KC-46A refueling tanker; to bring 100 jobs - 7
- FBI agent kills Florida man during questioning about Marathon bombing suspect - 2
- Police seek man they say passed counterfeit bill at Manchester mall - 1
- Lightning strikes home in Exeter - 0
License revocations for DWI announced
UPDATED: Derry marks a soldier's death
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs