Powerball jackpot estimated at $208 million
The pot has surpassed the $200 million mark for the first time since Powerball set a record with a $588 million jackpot on Nov. 28, when two tickets split the winnings.
"The jackpot is on a roll again, and we are hoping the big winner is from the Granite State this time," New Hampshire Lottery executive director Charlie McIntyre said in a release Monday.
Powerball tickets are sold at more than 1,250 retailers in New Hampshire. The deadline to purchase tickets is 9:50 p.m. Wednesday. The one-time cash payout option for Wednesday's drawing would be $130.7 million before taxes.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: Best act fast to get our book on NH history - 1
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: Happy day, veterans — you've earned it - 0
- Old Man, Sox curse gone, but love endures - 0
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: Dr. Stahl was a builder of his community - 2
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: A 'bit irked' that report has car facts wrong - 3
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: 'A pretty fine statewide newspaper' - 1
- Best leave 'the Moon,' Buddy's bagel alone - 0
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: NASCAR, comics and question of the week - 2
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: War photos and salty language - 20
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Cases against Keene 'Robin Hooders' dismissed by judge - 0
- Task force arrests man in Nottingham for Candia burglary - 0
- Police: Salem man used car keys to stab officer in hand - 0
- Manchester muffler shop burglarized - 0
- Boy, 12, struck in Newton remains hospitalized - 0
- State revenue under projections for November - 0
- Armed man arrested after Manchester convenience store robbery - 0
- Store cashier in Littleton refuses to give up the cash to robber - 0
- UPDATE: Dover toll plaza appears undamaged after Tuesday crash - 2
UPDATE: Could be 'months' before deciding on charges in crash involving Dover city councilor
What Congress? Obama's 'easy way out'
Boy wounded by bullet was to be released