Powerball jackpot estimated at $208 million
The pot has surpassed the $200 million mark for the first time since Powerball set a record with a $588 million jackpot on Nov. 28, when two tickets split the winnings.
"The jackpot is on a roll again, and we are hoping the big winner is from the Granite State this time," New Hampshire Lottery executive director Charlie McIntyre said in a release Monday.
Powerball tickets are sold at more than 1,250 retailers in New Hampshire. The deadline to purchase tickets is 9:50 p.m. Wednesday. The one-time cash payout option for Wednesday's drawing would be $130.7 million before taxes.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPDATED: Senate mum on House proposal for special session on Medicare - 3
- NH man killed ex-wife's husband, self, Vermont police say - 0
- Recent 'Fugitive of the Week' Michelle Smith captured in Nashua - 0
- UPDATED: Senate, House negotiators mull compromise plan to narrowly align state insurance rules with 'Obamacare' - 1
- UPDATED: Apology issued for naming of Boston bomber as a victim of gun violence at Concord rally - 22
- UPDATE: Salem student receives minor injuries in bus crash - 0
- 21 in Concord wake to find their tires slashed - 0
- NH man to be tried in $13 million mortgage fraud scheme - 0
- UPDATE: Elderly Nashua couple were stabbed to death - 12
UPDATED: Apology issued for naming of Boston bomber as a victim of gun violence at Concord rally
Tax credit math: Who owns your money?
Drones and privacy: Debate just taking off