May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
April 18, 2013
Hearing for man charged in Littleton hotel killing delayed
The session for Rodney A. Hill, 37, was originally set for Tuesday morning in Littleton District Court. But a spokeswoman at the clerk's office there said Monday defense and prosecution attorneys had agreed to the postponement.
The New Hampshire Attorney General's office has charged Hill with second-degree murder in the killing of Catherine "Kitty" Houghton, 70, of Nevato, Calif. Houghton was a 1960 graduate of the White Mountain School in Bethlehem. She was the commencement speaker there in 2011, and at the time of her death was a member of the private school's board.
Senior Assistant New Hampshire Attorney General Susan Morrell said last week Hill stabbed and slashed Houghton to death on the night of Jan. 28 in the lobby of the Hampton Inn off Route 302 in Littleton following a random encounter there between the two.
She offered no motive in the case.
Public defender Marcie Hornick, who represented Hill at his initial court hearing, could not be reached Monday for comment.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Portsmouth police DWI roadblock stops 179 motorists yielding 4 arrests - 0
- Nashua man arrested on charges of sexually assaulting underage girl - 3
- Mass. men arrested on drugs, weapons charges - 0
- Mass. residents charged after Hollis man beaten and stabbed - 11
- Judge gives Salem engineer with underwater mortgage year in jail for growing pot - 1
- Teen party takes Derry rep by surprise - 27
- Not-guilty plea expected in death at Danville chief's home - 24
- Police say woman was assaulted for hours - 5
- Inmate will let judge decide fraud ID case - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH College Notebook: Honors keep coming for several Granite State athletes - 0
- Another View -- Glenn Normandeau: Protecting endangered non-game species a NH success story - 0
- Sam Asano's Let's Invent: Inventors, beware of PGL -- Paranoia, greed and laziness - 0
- Marine think tank to move to former Great Bay campus - 0
- Mike Cote's Business Editor's Notebook: Vending machines go natural - 0
- Andy Schachat's On the Run: Lots to love about NH road race/triathlon scene - 0
- Investigators seek cause of Conn. train crash - 0
- Ortiz knocks in six in Red Sox win - 0
- College Baseball: Ravens outlast Penmen in 13 to survive another day - 0
Ortiz knocks in six in Red Sox win
UNH Law School grads told to 'serve justice'
Lebanon College graduates 19
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424