Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Hearing for man charged in Littleton hotel killing delayed
The session for Rodney A. Hill, 37, was originally set for Tuesday morning in Littleton District Court. But a spokeswoman at the clerk's office there said Monday defense and prosecution attorneys had agreed to the postponement.
The New Hampshire Attorney General's office has charged Hill with second-degree murder in the killing of Catherine "Kitty" Houghton, 70, of Nevato, Calif. Houghton was a 1960 graduate of the White Mountain School in Bethlehem. She was the commencement speaker there in 2011, and at the time of her death was a member of the private school's board.
Senior Assistant New Hampshire Attorney General Susan Morrell said last week Hill stabbed and slashed Houghton to death on the night of Jan. 28 in the lobby of the Hampton Inn off Route 302 in Littleton following a random encounter there between the two.
She offered no motive in the case.
Public defender Marcie Hornick, who represented Hill at his initial court hearing, could not be reached Monday for comment.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Former coach from Nashua charged in sex assaults claims confession was involuntary - 0
- Manchester police: Ga. man stole truck in Mass. to visit mom in NH - 0
- South African Olympian Pistorius sentenced to five years in girlfriend's murder - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Fingerprints of man accused of theft belong to 2 people - 0
- Lookout man in Bedford home invasion case pleads guilty - 0
- Hearing postponed for suspended fire official - 0
- Confessed serial burglar facing new charges - 0
- Former Litchfield parochial school principal to plead guilty to embezzlement - 0
- Dover man faces manufacturing child porn charges after sex assault case - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sources say Abigail Hernandez's kidnapper may be indicted Wednesday - 0
- GT Advanced says 'amicable parting' with Apple will cost 47 jobs in NH - 0
- Locked in a dead heat, Shaheen, Brown spar - 3
- Ebola, health care among issues that split Guinta, Shea-Porter - 0
- Governor names 5 to presidential primary anniversary commission - 0
- Stocks extend rebound on earnings - 0
- Patriots acquire linebacker Ayers - 0
- NHIAA Girls' Soccer: Bedford girls win, clinch No. 2 seed - 0
- NHIAA Field Hockey: Derryfield falls short in OT - 0
A series of sharp exchanges at 2nd CD debate
Keene police working to identify rioters, notify other colleges of students' participation
Murder-suicide ruled in Fremont deaths
Locked in a dead heat, Shaheen, Brown spar