Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Hearing for man charged in Littleton hotel killing delayed
The session for Rodney A. Hill, 37, was originally set for Tuesday morning in Littleton District Court. But a spokeswoman at the clerk's office there said Monday defense and prosecution attorneys had agreed to the postponement.
The New Hampshire Attorney General's office has charged Hill with second-degree murder in the killing of Catherine "Kitty" Houghton, 70, of Nevato, Calif. Houghton was a 1960 graduate of the White Mountain School in Bethlehem. She was the commencement speaker there in 2011, and at the time of her death was a member of the private school's board.
Senior Assistant New Hampshire Attorney General Susan Morrell said last week Hill stabbed and slashed Houghton to death on the night of Jan. 28 in the lobby of the Hampton Inn off Route 302 in Littleton following a random encounter there between the two.
She offered no motive in the case.
Public defender Marcie Hornick, who represented Hill at his initial court hearing, could not be reached Monday for comment.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hampstead man accused of sex assaults on girl - 0
- Police say man kills daughter, 6 grandchildren in Fla. murder-suicide - 0
- 2 men arrested in Manchester SWAT raid, drug bust - 3
- 2 women sentenced in Home Depot scam - 0
- Man accused of stabbing man in Concord's White Park - 0
- Friends, co-workers mourn loss of Amherst mother and son - 2
- Vermont father, two sons facing charges for Canobie Lake Park scuffle - 0
- Son used AK-47 to kill mother, then himself in Amherst home - 36
- Police arrest two following Portsmouth fight with hammer and knife - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Answers forthcoming - 0
- NHMS chief Gappens is on board with the Chase changes - 0
- Another View -- Ben Rose: How NH's John Stark helped defeat the British at Saratoga - 0
- Celebrating Claremont: A 250th birthday party - 0
- Trashed lunches: Brownies, broccoli and bucks - 0
- Hampstead's Suess ready for Whelen Modified race - 0
- College Football: Big Green kick off season vs. Cent. Connecticut - 0
- Son says shooting of mom during DEA raid was a mistake - 0
- Londonderry Rotary to host forum next week - 0
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917