Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Sep 18, 2014
Former St. Thomas Aquinas teacher charged with possessing child porn
Daryl Robertson, 38, of 565 River Road, Eliot, Maine, was ordered held on $50,000 cash bail after his arraignment in 10th Circuit Court, Portsmouth District Division.
Robertson was arrested Friday in Massachusetts on a fugitive from justice charge, after Greenland police obtained a warrant charging him with seven counts of possession of child sex abuse images. The images, according to court complaints, depict young boys engaged in sexual conduct.
Police searched the home of Robertson's parents in Greenland on Jan. 31 at the prompting of investigators with the U.S. Postal Inspection Service.
Greenland Detective Dave Kurkul said Monday that Robertson, who has been living in Eliot, Maine, is expected to face more charges in federal court based a search of his home by the U.S. Postal Service.
Robertson was found not guilty by a Strafford County jury in 2009 on a misdemeanor sexual assault charge. Prosecutors had alleged in that case Robertson groped the genitals of a male student in November 2007. The incident happened at Robertson's home.
Kurkul said in court that Robertson could pose a flight risk and should be barred from any contact with children.
Prior to his arrest, Robertson has been self-employed as a landscaper and also books tour buses for music events, according to Kurkul.
Each of the possession of child sexual abuse images charges are class A felonies, punishable by up to 7 ½ to 15 years in state prison. Kurkul said that U.S. Postal Service executed a search warrant at Robertson's home in Eliot, Maine, and are expected to bring "a substantial amount of charges."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bedford police investigating burglary at Verizon Wireless store - 0
- Police: Manchester man charged with endangering child after going 101 mph - 0
- Man faces robbery, assault charges after extradition from NY - 0
- Driver overdosing on heroin causes crash - 0
- Hill sex offender arrested for 2012 arson of own home in Northfield - 0
- Deliberations begin in trial of former Derry man accused of sex assault - 0
- Mazzaglia pleads guilty to devising escape plan - 0
- Manchester pair arrested for fighting in Merrimack parking lot - 0
- Nashua man who was shot by officer sentenced to 5-10 years - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- John Habib's City Sports: St. Thomas coach: I owe Central - 0
- Armed burglar from Derry sentenced to prison - 0
- FairPoint customer concerned about blocked emails - 0
- Plaistow narrows field in search for its new police chief - 0
- Hershey Bears shut out Monarchs - 0
- NHIAA Football: Bedford used pick-six to beat Central - 0
- NHIAA Football: Bishop Guertin completes miracle, makes playoffs with win over Nashua South - 0
- NHIAA Football Roundup: Souhegan closes out season with a win - 0
- NHIAA Football: Londonderry edges Salem in wild finish - 0
Hockey brought them together; Hooksett ice rink will serve as NH couple's 'church' for wedding
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483