Jul 10, 2014
Jun 26, 2014
Jun 20, 2014
Jun 11, 2014
Former St. Thomas Aquinas teacher charged with possessing child porn
Daryl Robertson, 38, of 565 River Road, Eliot, Maine, was ordered held on $50,000 cash bail after his arraignment in 10th Circuit Court, Portsmouth District Division.
Robertson was arrested Friday in Massachusetts on a fugitive from justice charge, after Greenland police obtained a warrant charging him with seven counts of possession of child sex abuse images. The images, according to court complaints, depict young boys engaged in sexual conduct.
Police searched the home of Robertson's parents in Greenland on Jan. 31 at the prompting of investigators with the U.S. Postal Inspection Service.
Greenland Detective Dave Kurkul said Monday that Robertson, who has been living in Eliot, Maine, is expected to face more charges in federal court based a search of his home by the U.S. Postal Service.
Robertson was found not guilty by a Strafford County jury in 2009 on a misdemeanor sexual assault charge. Prosecutors had alleged in that case Robertson groped the genitals of a male student in November 2007. The incident happened at Robertson's home.
Kurkul said in court that Robertson could pose a flight risk and should be barred from any contact with children.
Prior to his arrest, Robertson has been self-employed as a landscaper and also books tour buses for music events, according to Kurkul.
Each of the possession of child sexual abuse images charges are class A felonies, punishable by up to 7 ½ to 15 years in state prison. Kurkul said that U.S. Postal Service executed a search warrant at Robertson's home in Eliot, Maine, and are expected to bring "a substantial amount of charges."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Judge orders fired Manchester officer back to jail to finish sentence - 4
- Claremont police dispatcher charged with sex assault and incest, placed on leave - 0
- Speeding stop leads to drug and alcohol charges in Hollis - 0
- Portsmouth teen accused in DWI crash waives hearing - 0
- Derry man faces child sex abuse images possession charges - 0
- Man arrested after two-state pursuit facing more charges - 0
- NH man sought in connection with Maine murder arrested on unrelated charges - 0
- Man accused of burglarizing state police barracks garage claims his rights were violated - 0
- Marriott's parents to face killer at his sentencing next month - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Allen Lessels on Motor Sports: Youngsters eye NHMS - 0
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: Manchester's bike culture shifts into high gear - 0
- Ignoring Lyme: What are state, towns doing? - 1
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Red Sox makeover underway - 1
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: MacDonald has NHMS track experience - 0
- Drew Cline: Scott Brown plans to win over NH one handshake at a time - 8
- Anthony M. Kay - 0
- Walsh paces Sweeney Post past Laconia - 0
- Late rally lifts Red Sox past White Sox - 0
132-mph street racers blow by trooper in Nashua, one of two arrested; motorcyclist arrested on I-93 doing 107 mph
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
Mount Washington College to close 2 campuses
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen over gas tax
Sentence fragment: Coco's cuckoo release
Ayotte calls again for FCC reform
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917