Home » News » Public Safety
Tree falls, kills Stoddard man
Shannon Sarcione, 39, of Stoddard, was pronounced dead at the scene.
Sarcione and another man were cutting down trees in the area and one of them had cut a notch in the tree, preparing to fell it after clearing some limbs nearby, New Hampshire State Police Sgt. Phillip Gaiser said.
Gaiser said high winds likely knocked over the tree before the loggers were ready to take it down.
The other man was not injured and did not see the tree fall on Sarcione, police said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPDATE: Dover toll plaza appears undamaged after Tuesday crash - 2
- Hooksett officer struck by motorist - 2
- UPDATE: Thornton woman dies after being struck by car in Campton - 0
- UPDATE: Could be 'months' before deciding on charges in crash involving Dover city councilor - 1
- Fire destroys South Hampton barn - 0
- Police investigating why Maine woman died in Somersworth apartment - 0
- Body found floating in Portsmouth - 0
- Spofford crash seriously injures two - 0
- Fire destroys barn in South Hampton - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- N.Y. man charged with reckless conduct after accidental shooting in Nashua - 0
- Cases against Keene 'Robin Hooders' dismissed by judge - 0
- Task force arrests man in Nottingham for Candia burglary - 0
- Police: Salem man used car keys to stab officer in hand - 0
- Manchester muffler shop burglarized - 0
- State revenue under projections for November - 0
- Armed man arrested after Manchester convenience store robbery - 0
- Store cashier in Littleton refuses to give up the cash to robber - 0
- Convicted drug dealer arrested in Nashua on more drug charges - 0
UPDATE: Could be 'months' before deciding on charges in crash involving Dover city councilor
What Congress? Obama's 'easy way out'
Boy wounded by bullet was to be released
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072