Home » News » Public Safety
Tree falls, kills Stoddard man
Shannon Sarcione, 39, of Stoddard, was pronounced dead at the scene.
Sarcione and another man were cutting down trees in the area and one of them had cut a notch in the tree, preparing to fell it after clearing some limbs nearby, New Hampshire State Police Sgt. Phillip Gaiser said.
Gaiser said high winds likely knocked over the tree before the loggers were ready to take it down.
The other man was not injured and did not see the tree fall on Sarcione, police said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Driving lesson turns into car accident in Laconia - 0
- Fire destroys vacant Berlin building - 0
- NY man stable after destroying classic Porsche 911 in Route 16 wreck - 3
- Investigators seek cause of Conn. train crash - 0
- Berlin man dies while kayaking - 0
- Man seriously hurt in North Country crash of 1967 Porsche - 0
- Teen hurt in Amherst boating crash - 0
- Ceremony for fallen police officers honors service and sacrifice - 2
- Amtrak suspends New York-Boston service after two trains collide in Conn.; up to 60 hurt - 0
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Two sustained minor injuries in Rochester crash Sunday - 0
- Manchester alderman urges review of police phone use - 11
- Updated: Man fatally shot on Manchester street; neighbors shocked - 0
- Nashua mayor to recommend Bennett for corporation counsel - 0
- Claremont group disputes incinerator plant's permit - 0
- Goffstown artisan gives new face to Wolfeboro tower - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Kiwanis and the kids - 0
- Town may have to fix grave error - 2
- Gate City Musings: Mayor just keeps on spending - 0
Town may have to fix grave error
UNH hires firm to redesign one of its logos
Disengaged: Obama's lousy excuse
Chechen decries Boston attack