Nov 6, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
'Jack the Snipper' suspect arrested on exposure charge in Dover
Police said Jeffrey Gelinas, 37, on Sunday exposed his genitals to a young girl while at the Bed, Bath and Beyond store at 875 Central Ave. The girl got her mother's attention and Gelinas ran away, police said.
Police, after receiving several tips identifying him from surveillance videos, arrested him without incident on Elm Street in Manchester Tuesday.
He is scheduled to be arraigned at 10:45 a.m. today in Dover District Court.
Gelinas was paroled last year after serving an eight-year sentence.
In 2003 and 2004, Durham police had zeroed in on Gelinas as their sole suspect in eight "Jack the Snipper" burglaries. Gelinas was arrested and subsequently pleaded guilty to a single charge of attempted burglary.
"The reality of it was this was a series of acts that, I wouldn't want to say paralyzed the community, but was incredibly unsettling for the community," Durham Police Chief David L. Kurz said last year.
The case drew national media attention. At one point, Durham police consulted with a psychologist, who feared the crimes could progress into violence, Kurz said.
The Snipper never targeted university-owned housing, the chief said. He accessed off-campus apartments by walking down common hallways and checking doors. He never broke a lock or window; he merely walked into unlocked apartments, Kurz said last year.
"There were some really traumatized victims. Trauma and fear were really permeating the community," he said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Henniker police shoot suspect in truck heist - 1
- Man extradited from Texas on July report of sexual assault on juvenile in Nashua - 0
- Manchester police investigating after man stabbed in neck - 1
- Ferguson protests enter third day; arrests in St. Louis - 0
- Abuse history at Nashua address where 3-year-old died - 7
- Franklin robbery suspect sought, considered armed and dangerous - 0
- Franklin man and woman arraigned for attempted prostitution of minor - 1
- Police investigating death of 3-year-old girl in Nashua - 7
- Police say hit-and-run driver was observed tossing beer cans from car - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hamilton's OT goal wins for Bruins - 0
- Dowd's goal wins for Manchester - 0
- John Habib's City Sports:'Moment' is here: Derryfield CC renovation begins - 0
- Driver charged with DWI after mayhem on I-293 - 0
- Department of Employment Security sends confidential ID info to wrong firms - 0
- Day Three in the dark for many in NH - 0
- Man, 86, struck by car while crossing street in Manchester - 0
- Hot deals, warm shoppers - 0
- Londonderry shelter gives residents warm place to stay after power outages - 0
Man allegedly tries to run over officer in Manchester, police van crashes while responding
Day Three in the dark for many in NH
Hamilton's OT goal wins for Bruins
Derry holiday parade to be held today
Hot deals, warm shoppers
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483