Nov 6, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
'Jack the Snipper' suspect arrested on exposure charge in Dover
Police said Jeffrey Gelinas, 37, on Sunday exposed his genitals to a young girl while at the Bed, Bath and Beyond store at 875 Central Ave. The girl got her mother's attention and Gelinas ran away, police said.
Police, after receiving several tips identifying him from surveillance videos, arrested him without incident on Elm Street in Manchester Tuesday.
He is scheduled to be arraigned at 10:45 a.m. today in Dover District Court.
Gelinas was paroled last year after serving an eight-year sentence.
In 2003 and 2004, Durham police had zeroed in on Gelinas as their sole suspect in eight "Jack the Snipper" burglaries. Gelinas was arrested and subsequently pleaded guilty to a single charge of attempted burglary.
"The reality of it was this was a series of acts that, I wouldn't want to say paralyzed the community, but was incredibly unsettling for the community," Durham Police Chief David L. Kurz said last year.
The case drew national media attention. At one point, Durham police consulted with a psychologist, who feared the crimes could progress into violence, Kurz said.
The Snipper never targeted university-owned housing, the chief said. He accessed off-campus apartments by walking down common hallways and checking doors. He never broke a lock or window; he merely walked into unlocked apartments, Kurz said last year.
"There were some really traumatized victims. Trauma and fear were really permeating the community," he said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Keene State student charged, three new arrest warrants issued in wake of pumpkin riot - 0
- Unrest erupts after grand jury decides against charges in Ferguson, Mo., shooting - 34
- Nashua police chief wants pair of pawn shops shut down - 0
- Judge OKs early release for former teacher convicted of possessing child porn - 0
- Nashua man indicted for allegedly shooting girlfriend - 0
- Manchester 7-Eleven robbed for fourth time - 0
- Manchester couple faces robbery, theft charges after Salem mall incident - 1
- Chainsaw-wielding man facing multiple charges over Sept. incident - 0
- Woman faces assault charge after Monopoly game gets out of hand - 19
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Teen driver dies after being pulled from icy waters in Londonderry - 1
- Winning $100,000 lottery ticket sold in Laconia - 0
- Monarchs Scouting Report: Nick Shore - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: It took a while, but now they're on Wright track - 0
- Newmarket blacksmith has forged a career shaping the elementsof steel - 0
- Kathy Sullivan: We need to rethink some of our county government positions - 7
- Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass. - 7
- H.S. Football Power Poll: No doubt - Astros finish on top - 0
- College Hockey: Wildcats home to RPI on Tuesday night - 0
Sources say former White House Chief of Staff Andy Card to be tapped as Franklin Pierce president
Clinton has 'historic' lead in poll
Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass.
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483