June 11, 2013
June 4, 2013
May 29, 2013
May 22, 2013
'Jack the Snipper' suspect arrested on exposure charge in Dover
Police said Jeffrey Gelinas, 37, on Sunday exposed his genitals to a young girl while at the Bed, Bath and Beyond store at 875 Central Ave. The girl got her mother's attention and Gelinas ran away, police said.
Police, after receiving several tips identifying him from surveillance videos, arrested him without incident on Elm Street in Manchester Tuesday.
He is scheduled to be arraigned at 10:45 a.m. today in Dover District Court.
Gelinas was paroled last year after serving an eight-year sentence.
In 2003 and 2004, Durham police had zeroed in on Gelinas as their sole suspect in eight "Jack the Snipper" burglaries. Gelinas was arrested and subsequently pleaded guilty to a single charge of attempted burglary.
"The reality of it was this was a series of acts that, I wouldn't want to say paralyzed the community, but was incredibly unsettling for the community," Durham Police Chief David L. Kurz said last year.
The case drew national media attention. At one point, Durham police consulted with a psychologist, who feared the crimes could progress into violence, Kurz said.
The Snipper never targeted university-owned housing, the chief said. He accessed off-campus apartments by walking down common hallways and checking doors. He never broke a lock or window; he merely walked into unlocked apartments, Kurz said last year.
"There were some really traumatized victims. Trauma and fear were really permeating the community," he said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPDATE: Elderly Nashua couple were stabbed to death - 2
- Rochester woman under arrest in underage party - 0
- Mass. police officer indicted in Salem sex assault - 1
- Russian national indicted over phony debit, credit cards - 0
- Hampton man indicted for distributing child porn - 0
- Mother of drowned baby gets prison time - 6
- Former Londonderry coach indicted in sex assault of two girls - 1
- Manchester resident interrupts burglary - 0
- Auburn woman struck in head with bottle of cologne - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 21 in Concord wake to find their tires slashed - 0
- House proposes special session to decide Medicaid expansion - 1
- UPDATE: Police say man found dead outside Wall Street Towers jumped - 4
- House, Senate at standoff over vaccines, voter registration bill - 0
- Rochester parents called to court to answer for truant children - 2
- Exeter High teachers' resignations announced at meeting - 0
- LeBron, Heat edge Spurs in OT, force Game 7 - 0
- Santos drives in three as Curve beat Fisher Cats in 10 - 0
- Large billboards grabbing attention on Route 101 in Epping - 3
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424