Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Salem police seek man who threatened store worker with syringe
Police said two men entered the Route 28 store about 10 a.m. Tuesday and were soon confronted by loss-prevention workers about the theft. Once the unidentified man took the hypodermic needle from his pocket and began yelling, loss-prevention workers let him go. The man acted aggressively toward the worker and yelled, "I have AIDS" several times before fleeing from the store, police said.
The men sped off in a 2001 Nissan Maxima with Massachusetts registration 3PVF20, police said.
Detectives have identified one of the suspects as Victor Garcia, 32, of Lawrence, Mass., but are seeking the public's help identifying the second suspect through store surveillance footage. Police say an arrest warrant for Garcia will be forthcoming.
The duo is suspected of carrying out similar thefts at area Lowe's stores in Massachusetts and New Hampshire, police said. Salem officers who responded to the scene called Methuen and Lawrence, Mass., police departments to be on the lookout for the vehicle.
Salem police say they arrested Garcia last month for a similar theft.
A store surveillance photo released by Salem police shows the unidentified man wearing a dark-colored jacket and baseball cap and a red and black checkered scarf.
Lowe's loss-prevention staff told police they believe the two men are responsible for similar thefts at area stores based on information they've collected. The men are expected to face felony theft charges.
Anyone with information about the case can call tips in to Salem police at 893-1911, or anonymously through Crimeline of Southern New Hampshire at 893-6600.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- City man charged with endangering child - 0
- Coos Superior Court hands up indictments - 0
- Coos County jury indicts Lancaster man in theft of firearms - 0
- Page Restaurant owners agree to pay $4,000 as part of plea deal - 0
- Driver arrested after nearly hitting Canaan police chief - 0
- Police say man attacked woman with sword - 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Former Berlin man to be sentenced April 1 for credit union robbery - 0
- Burglary spee brings more charges for Seabrook man - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Red Sox deal Morales for backup infielder - 0
- It's a season of switching teams for NASCAR drivers - 0
- Central girls down Trinity in OT - 0
- Pistons edge Celtics - 0
- Business is good for football elite - 0
- Negotiator: Israeli-Palestinian talks might take year to complete - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 0
- Jackknifed propane tanker closes I-293 to traffic for hours in aftermath - 0
- “The VA has pointed me in the right direction,” he said. - 0
Police say man attacked woman with sword
The Music Hall presents 'Messiah Sing'
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424