June 11, 2013
June 4, 2013
May 29, 2013
May 22, 2013
Salem police seek man who threatened store worker with syringe
Police said two men entered the Route 28 store about 10 a.m. Tuesday and were soon confronted by loss-prevention workers about the theft. Once the unidentified man took the hypodermic needle from his pocket and began yelling, loss-prevention workers let him go. The man acted aggressively toward the worker and yelled, "I have AIDS" several times before fleeing from the store, police said.
The men sped off in a 2001 Nissan Maxima with Massachusetts registration 3PVF20, police said.
Detectives have identified one of the suspects as Victor Garcia, 32, of Lawrence, Mass., but are seeking the public's help identifying the second suspect through store surveillance footage. Police say an arrest warrant for Garcia will be forthcoming.
The duo is suspected of carrying out similar thefts at area Lowe's stores in Massachusetts and New Hampshire, police said. Salem officers who responded to the scene called Methuen and Lawrence, Mass., police departments to be on the lookout for the vehicle.
Salem police say they arrested Garcia last month for a similar theft.
A store surveillance photo released by Salem police shows the unidentified man wearing a dark-colored jacket and baseball cap and a red and black checkered scarf.
Lowe's loss-prevention staff told police they believe the two men are responsible for similar thefts at area stores based on information they've collected. The men are expected to face felony theft charges.
Anyone with information about the case can call tips in to Salem police at 893-1911, or anonymously through Crimeline of Southern New Hampshire at 893-6600.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPDATE: Elderly Nashua couple were stabbed to death - 2
- Rochester woman under arrest in underage party - 0
- Mass. police officer indicted in Salem sex assault - 1
- Russian national indicted over phony debit, credit cards - 0
- Hampton man indicted for distributing child porn - 0
- Mother of drowned baby gets prison time - 6
- Former Londonderry coach indicted in sex assault of two girls - 1
- Manchester resident interrupts burglary - 0
- Auburn woman struck in head with bottle of cologne - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 21 in Concord wake to find their tires slashed - 0
- House proposes special session to decide Medicaid expansion - 1
- UPDATE: Police say man found dead outside Wall Street Towers jumped - 4
- House, Senate at standoff over vaccines, voter registration bill - 0
- Rochester parents called to court to answer for truant children - 2
- Exeter High teachers' resignations announced at meeting - 0
- LeBron, Heat edge Spurs in OT, force Game 7 - 0
- Santos drives in three as Curve beat Fisher Cats in 10 - 0
- Large billboards grabbing attention on Route 101 in Epping - 3
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424