May 24, 2013
May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
Salem police seek man who threatened store worker with syringe
Police said two men entered the Route 28 store about 10 a.m. Tuesday and were soon confronted by loss-prevention workers about the theft. Once the unidentified man took the hypodermic needle from his pocket and began yelling, loss-prevention workers let him go. The man acted aggressively toward the worker and yelled, "I have AIDS" several times before fleeing from the store, police said.
The men sped off in a 2001 Nissan Maxima with Massachusetts registration 3PVF20, police said.
Detectives have identified one of the suspects as Victor Garcia, 32, of Lawrence, Mass., but are seeking the public's help identifying the second suspect through store surveillance footage. Police say an arrest warrant for Garcia will be forthcoming.
The duo is suspected of carrying out similar thefts at area Lowe's stores in Massachusetts and New Hampshire, police said. Salem officers who responded to the scene called Methuen and Lawrence, Mass., police departments to be on the lookout for the vehicle.
Salem police say they arrested Garcia last month for a similar theft.
A store surveillance photo released by Salem police shows the unidentified man wearing a dark-colored jacket and baseball cap and a red and black checkered scarf.
Lowe's loss-prevention staff told police they believe the two men are responsible for similar thefts at area stores based on information they've collected. The men are expected to face felony theft charges.
Anyone with information about the case can call tips in to Salem police at 893-1911, or anonymously through Crimeline of Southern New Hampshire at 893-6600.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Portsmouth drug raid nets four arrests for sale of heroin - 0
- Manchester Market clerk robbed by man armed with knife - 0
- Man who spent days under Salem woman's trailer recording sentenced to prison - 2
- Man sought for attempting to lure girl into white van near Nashua school - 0
- Lawyer who made porn videos of teenage daughter gets 40 years in jail - 33
- Trial delayed for Epping man charged with shooting romantic rival - 9
- Former editor indicted on child porn charges - 3
- Somersworth man indicted for Market Basket robbery in Epping - 1
- Former editor indicted on child porn charges - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Scoreboard, May 24, 2013 - 0
- NHIAA Div. I Track: Lynch, North boys prevail - 0
- Two found dead in Belmont; one man detained as part of investigation - 0
- Weather may be more like Veterans Day than Memorial Day - 0
- Awards cap city's Small Business Week - 0
- Rock Cats-Fisher Cats suspended - 0
- Budget plan presses NH hospitals to join managed care networks - 0
- Students hold ceremony to honor flags - 0
- This week's Rare Bird Alert - 0
NHIAA Scoreboard, May 24, 2013
Concert to aid Nashua man with rare disease
Win tickets to see American Idol Live!
Just say it: Our fight is with radical Islam
The casino vote: The House did its duty
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424