Mar 12, 2014
Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Salem police seek man who threatened store worker with syringe
Police said two men entered the Route 28 store about 10 a.m. Tuesday and were soon confronted by loss-prevention workers about the theft. Once the unidentified man took the hypodermic needle from his pocket and began yelling, loss-prevention workers let him go. The man acted aggressively toward the worker and yelled, "I have AIDS" several times before fleeing from the store, police said.
The men sped off in a 2001 Nissan Maxima with Massachusetts registration 3PVF20, police said.
Detectives have identified one of the suspects as Victor Garcia, 32, of Lawrence, Mass., but are seeking the public's help identifying the second suspect through store surveillance footage. Police say an arrest warrant for Garcia will be forthcoming.
The duo is suspected of carrying out similar thefts at area Lowe's stores in Massachusetts and New Hampshire, police said. Salem officers who responded to the scene called Methuen and Lawrence, Mass., police departments to be on the lookout for the vehicle.
Salem police say they arrested Garcia last month for a similar theft.
A store surveillance photo released by Salem police shows the unidentified man wearing a dark-colored jacket and baseball cap and a red and black checkered scarf.
Lowe's loss-prevention staff told police they believe the two men are responsible for similar thefts at area stores based on information they've collected. The men are expected to face felony theft charges.
Anyone with information about the case can call tips in to Salem police at 893-1911, or anonymously through Crimeline of Southern New Hampshire at 893-6600.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH fugitive sought for a year found in Detroit - 0
- Former AG hired to investigate UNH's actions over alleged locker-room photography - 0
- Manchester woman wakes to find burglar in home - 0
- UNH hires former Attorney General Delaney to investigate reporting delays on athletic improprieties - 0
- Was a crime committed? Nashua police are not certain - 0
- Man arrested in Nashua market robbery - 0
- Fugitive of the week arrested in Maine - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: City woman connected to fatal crash in court again - 0
- UPDATED: Rochester man shot multiple times as police attempted arrest - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Boys' Hockey: Souhegan, John Stark-Hopkinton advance in Div. III - 0
- Div. II Boys' Hockey: Bow and Bedford to meet for crown - 0
- Div. I Boys' Hockey: Londonderry moves on to title game - 0
- Div. I Boys' Hockey: Central pulls the semifinal upset - 0
- Bruins edge Phoenix for seventh straight win - 0
- Div. I Girls' Basketball: Fagula's last game will be for title - 0
- Another small step toward a new police station in Plaistow - 0
- Rochester firm is ready to add jobs - 0
- School bus slides off road, slams into trees in Deerfield - 0
Minimum wages: Maximum spin
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to announce exploratory committee for U.S. Senate run
No dice: House kills casino gambling bill
Hooksett votes down Pinkerton schools deal