May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
April 18, 2013
Footprints lead to arson charge in Manchester day-camp blaze
Manchester day camp shed destroyed in arson
Police followed footprints left in the snow at the Jan. 17 fire scene, across Crystal Lake and to a car parked in a lot at a nearby apartment house at 661 Corning Road. The car, police said, was registered to Christopher Vincent, 35, of 661 Corning Road.
Detective Tim Patterson cast and photographed the footprints which had a distinct pattern to them. Later, he contacted Vincent at his apartment and recovered a pair of sneakers from the attached roof deck. Police said the sneakers matched the footprints in the snow.
Vincent was arrested and charged with arson. He is presently being detained in the New Hampshire State Prison for Men on a parole violation.
The fire heavily damaged a two-story shed, designed to look like a castle, at the day camp, located at 510 Corning Road and caused between $40,000 and $50,000 in damage.
The camp's water skis, tubes, life jackets and other water safety gear were stored in the shed.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Portsmouth police DWI roadblock stops 179 motorists yielding 4 arrests - 0
- Nashua man arrested on charges of sexually assaulting underage girl - 3
- Mass. men arrested on drugs, weapons charges - 0
- Mass. residents charged after Hollis man beaten and stabbed - 11
- Judge gives Salem engineer with underwater mortgage year in jail for growing pot - 1
- Teen party takes Derry rep by surprise - 27
- Not-guilty plea expected in death at Danville chief's home - 24
- Police say woman was assaulted for hours - 5
- Inmate will let judge decide fraud ID case - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- Glenn Normandeau: Protecting endangered non-game species a NH success story - 0
- Sam Asano's Let's Invent: Inventors, beware of PGL -- Paranoia, greed and laziness - 0
- Marine think tank to move to former Great Bay campus - 0
- Andy Schachat's On the Run: Lots to love about NH road race/triathlon scene - 0
- Investigators seek cause of Conn. train crash - 0
- Ortiz knocks in six in Red Sox win - 0
- College Baseball: Ravens outlast Penmen in 13 to survive another day - 0
- Three Fisher Cat hurlers combine to pitch shutout - 0
- Lakes Region, Great Bay CC hold commencement ceremonies - 0
Ortiz knocks in six in Red Sox win
UNH Law School grads told to 'serve justice'
Lebanon College graduates 19
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424