June 11, 2013
June 4, 2013
May 29, 2013
May 22, 2013
Footprints lead to arson charge in Manchester day-camp blaze
Manchester day camp shed destroyed in arson
Police followed footprints left in the snow at the Jan. 17 fire scene, across Crystal Lake and to a car parked in a lot at a nearby apartment house at 661 Corning Road. The car, police said, was registered to Christopher Vincent, 35, of 661 Corning Road.
Detective Tim Patterson cast and photographed the footprints which had a distinct pattern to them. Later, he contacted Vincent at his apartment and recovered a pair of sneakers from the attached roof deck. Police said the sneakers matched the footprints in the snow.
Vincent was arrested and charged with arson. He is presently being detained in the New Hampshire State Prison for Men on a parole violation.
The fire heavily damaged a two-story shed, designed to look like a castle, at the day camp, located at 510 Corning Road and caused between $40,000 and $50,000 in damage.
The camp's water skis, tubes, life jackets and other water safety gear were stored in the shed.
READER COMMENTS: 3
- Hooksett mother arrested for making repeated 911 calls, police say - 0
- Plea expected from woman who allegedly stole from elderly couple - 0
- Judge cancels the scheduled rape trial of a Raymond man - 0
- State pays victims of inmate freed by mistake - 3
- Domestic case leads to bench warrant arrests - 0
- Robber hits Laconia convenience store - 1
- Police say motorcyclist was traveling between 130-152 mph - 16
- Salem man shot by Lawrence, Mass., police, then arrested - 1
- Police say Somersworth man charged in toddler's smothering death lived with child - 8
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Danville police chief pleads not guilty in firearms case - 0
- Little agreement on Medicaid expansion or revenues - 0
- Man burned in North Hampton camper fire - 0
- Lost teen hikers found safe in Brookline - 0
- Final float-In of Memorial Bridge completed early Monday morning - 0
- Business newsmakers: President of wedu receives award - 0
- Commercial kitchens recognized for food safety - 0
- Hand cream dispenser for people with dry hands - 0
- Expanding their reach into the world of dance - 0
Big Moose RV moves to massive Route 16 lot
Study recommends Millyard parking garage
Traffic stops in spotlight
One era ends, another begins at Union Leader
A Medicaid reduction? That is not likely
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424