Home » News » Politics » Town Meetings
Timberlane Regional voters to debate raises for teachers
The meeting, to be held at 7 p.m. at the Timberlane Performing Arts Center, is the only time voters will be able to discuss and amend the proposed warrant before voting at the polls on March 12.
Among the few spending proposals on the warrant is a three-year contract for teachers that seeks $398,203 to cover increases in salaries and benefits in the 2013-2014 school year. If approved, voters would have to raise an additional $718,281 in 2014-2015 and $684,321 in 2015-2016.
Voters will also discuss a proposed $64,272,418 school operating budget. If the budget is defeated, the district would operate with a default budget that's $146,343 higher.
A warrant article asking voters to place $200,000 in a surplus from the 2012-2013 school year into a capital reserve fund is also up for discussion.
Timberlane Regional High School serves the towns of Atkinson, Danville, Plaistow and Sandown.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- New London voters pass municipal budget - 0
- Peterborough voters say no to cluster housing, yes to village zone - 0
- Newport voters say yes to police and DPW raises - 0
- Hooksett voters OK budget, police pact - 0
- Voters reject propane-only heating plan at Lafayette Regional School - 0
- Zoning measures against sprawl on Peterborough Town Meeting ballot - 0
- Town engineer, budget increase on Hooksett ballot - 0
- New London residents to vote on $1.17 million budget - 0
- Sanbornton to vote on cruisers, voting date - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua budget deliberations continue - 0
- Fathers of injured teens pleased with order sending back Coco to jail - 0
- Bedbug infestation causes closure of Camp Spaulding - 0
- Abortion buffer zone suspended throughout NH - 0
- Exeter man arraigned in pair of Portsmouth armed robberies - 0
- AMC asking N.E. governors to stop Northern Pass lines - 0
- Pa. man will go to trial for two-state chase - 0
- Arrest made in fake Nashua bomb threat - 0
- Missing Conway girl's mother not giving up hope - 0
132-mph street racers blow by trooper in Nashua, one of two arrested; motorcyclist arrested on I-93 doing 107 mph
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
Mount Washington College to close 2 campuses
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Ignoring Lyme: What are state, towns doing?