Home » News » Politics » Town Meetings
Timberlane Regional voters to debate raises for teachers
The meeting, to be held at 7 p.m. at the Timberlane Performing Arts Center, is the only time voters will be able to discuss and amend the proposed warrant before voting at the polls on March 12.
Among the few spending proposals on the warrant is a three-year contract for teachers that seeks $398,203 to cover increases in salaries and benefits in the 2013-2014 school year. If approved, voters would have to raise an additional $718,281 in 2014-2015 and $684,321 in 2015-2016.
Voters will also discuss a proposed $64,272,418 school operating budget. If the budget is defeated, the district would operate with a default budget that's $146,343 higher.
A warrant article asking voters to place $200,000 in a surplus from the 2012-2013 school year into a capital reserve fund is also up for discussion.
Timberlane Regional High School serves the towns of Atkinson, Danville, Plaistow and Sandown.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Somersworth man indicted for Market Basket robbery in Epping - 0
- Former editor indicted on child porn charges - 0
- White powder in Salem shipping container posed no serious risks - 0
- 65 mph OK for E-ZPass drivers with opening of new lanes at Hooksett toll plaza - 1
- Updated: NH Senate kills House-passed gas, tobacco tax hikes - 3
- Senate Finance Committee rejects Medicaid expansion - 12
- Man wielding pipe robs Cumberland Farms in Goffstown - 0
- Buchholz moves to 7-0 as Red Sox post win - 0
- Gambling bill scuttled, 'Now it is going to be really tough' for budget - 32
License revocations for DWI announced