Home » News » Politics » Town Meetings
Timberlane Regional voters to debate raises for teachers
The meeting, to be held at 7 p.m. at the Timberlane Performing Arts Center, is the only time voters will be able to discuss and amend the proposed warrant before voting at the polls on March 12.
Among the few spending proposals on the warrant is a three-year contract for teachers that seeks $398,203 to cover increases in salaries and benefits in the 2013-2014 school year. If approved, voters would have to raise an additional $718,281 in 2014-2015 and $684,321 in 2015-2016.
Voters will also discuss a proposed $64,272,418 school operating budget. If the budget is defeated, the district would operate with a default budget that's $146,343 higher.
A warrant article asking voters to place $200,000 in a surplus from the 2012-2013 school year into a capital reserve fund is also up for discussion.
Timberlane Regional High School serves the towns of Atkinson, Danville, Plaistow and Sandown.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bad Joe: Levasseur stalls again - 2
- Good Joe: Kenney for Executive Council - 1
- Insurance exchange: NH Dems, GOP switch sides - 2
- Bottle store blues: The useless grocery mandate - 2
- Finding city revenue: Seek more private partners - 0
- Putin's freedom: Obama's weakness - 42
- Safe seats, frequent flyers - 0
- Sports volunteers: Eric Mommsen embodies the spirit - 0
- Issa drops in: Doesn't match media slant - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Little Green has quartet of contenders for New England wrestling championships - 0
- Roger Brown's High School Basketball: Madness has arrived - 0
- Monarchs: Let's play three - 0
- Another View -- Diana Lacey: Union Leader editorial got gas tax hearing all wrong - 0
- Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief - 0
- Cannon Mountain skiers head to Paralympics - 0
- John Stossel: Budget baloney - 0
- Another View - Betsy McCaughey: The Obamacare horror stories are not lies - 0
- College Hockey: Dartmouth, PSU hit road for tourneys - 0
Fremont's Miss 1964 to pass on her crown
John Stossel: Budget baloney
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief
Bad Joe: Levasseur stalls again
House says no to bill to reduce NH meals tax