Home » News » Politics » Town Meetings
Sanborn school voters face pair of contract questions
The meeting for voters in Kingston and Newton begins at 7 p.m. at Sanborn Regional High School.
Voters will face a light agenda as the budget and contracts are the only proposals on the warrant.
The proposed school budget totals $31,586,769, but if it's defeated, the district will operate with a $31,519,733 default budget.
A new proposed three-year teachers' contract is also up for consideration. The contract comes two years after voters OK'd a new contract with raises in 2011, ending a fight to pass a new contract that lasted three years.
The new proposed contract seeks an additional $519,167 to cover increases in salaries and benefits in the 2013-2014 school year, another $459,466 in 2014-2015, and $529,314 in 2015-2016.
A second contract to cover support staff calls for $99,495 in salary and benefit increases in 2013-2014 and $74,973 in 2014-2015.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two Manchester women arrested in separate shoplifting incidents in Hooksett - 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm