Home » News » Politics » Town Meetings
Sanborn school voters face pair of contract questions
The meeting for voters in Kingston and Newton begins at 7 p.m. at Sanborn Regional High School.
Voters will face a light agenda as the budget and contracts are the only proposals on the warrant.
The proposed school budget totals $31,586,769, but if it's defeated, the district will operate with a $31,519,733 default budget.
A new proposed three-year teachers' contract is also up for consideration. The contract comes two years after voters OK'd a new contract with raises in 2011, ending a fight to pass a new contract that lasted three years.
The new proposed contract seeks an additional $519,167 to cover increases in salaries and benefits in the 2013-2014 school year, another $459,466 in 2014-2015, and $529,314 in 2015-2016.
A second contract to cover support staff calls for $99,495 in salary and benefit increases in 2013-2014 and $74,973 in 2014-2015.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Pinkerton Academy tops Hanover High in 'Granite State Challenge' - 0
- Manchester Central High’s John Rist, back in charge, wipes slate clean for some - 0
- Keene State College grad taking science study to new heights on Mount Everest - 0
- School group favors opening JROTC at Nashua high school - 0
- Athletics Dept. employee at UNH fired over 'invasion of privacy' - 0
- Loeb School spring classes include travel writing - 0
- Windham ready to open a 'Little Shop of Horrors' - 0
- Salem to decide fate of $75m school proposal - 0
- Allenstown parents mobilize to stave off $1 million school budget cut - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH delays enforcing liquor warehouse pact - 0
- NHIAA Hockey Roundup: John Stark-Hopkinton eliminates Portsmouth - 0
- Livingston scores twice as Monarchs top Providence - 0
- NHIAA Basketball: Bedford girls top Trinity to advance - 0
- Ham radio introduction and class - 0
- NHIAA Hockey: Bedford rolls past Lebanon, into D-II semis - 0
- NHIAA Hockey: Sprague nets hat trick to lead Central past Trinity - 0
- Mass. ER staffers to describe day of Boston Marathon bombings - 0
- College Roundup: UNH men ousted from hoop tourney - 0
George Will: The face of IRS behavior
Roger Simon: How would Hillary handle Putin?
Charles Krauthammer: The wages of weakness
Two-alarm blaze at vacant building in Nashua