Home » News » Politics » Town Meetings
Sanborn school voters face pair of contract questions
The meeting for voters in Kingston and Newton begins at 7 p.m. at Sanborn Regional High School.
Voters will face a light agenda as the budget and contracts are the only proposals on the warrant.
The proposed school budget totals $31,586,769, but if it's defeated, the district will operate with a $31,519,733 default budget.
A new proposed three-year teachers' contract is also up for consideration. The contract comes two years after voters OK'd a new contract with raises in 2011, ending a fight to pass a new contract that lasted three years.
The new proposed contract seeks an additional $519,167 to cover increases in salaries and benefits in the 2013-2014 school year, another $459,466 in 2014-2015, and $529,314 in 2015-2016.
A second contract to cover support staff calls for $99,495 in salary and benefit increases in 2013-2014 and $74,973 in 2014-2015.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sanbornton voters add money back into budget - 0
- Sanbornton voters say no to SB 2 - 0
- Old building, new roads on Peterborough warrant - 0
- Sanbornton to vote again on SB2 - 0
- Employee pay, dump trucks key Sanbornton warrant - 0
- Proposed New London budget shows 3 percent increase - 0
- Conway voters ok school budget, but reject teacher's contract - 0
- Ortega, Barnes reelected to Merrimack School Board - 0
- Merrimack polls open today - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Warwick Mills scores $94.3 million contract from Army for body armor - 0
- Senate OKs medical pot, with plenty of restrictions - 0
- Rangers win in overtime, stay alive for Game 5 - 0
- Hanefeld shoots 74 at Senior PGA - 0
- Bishop Libasci to ordain 2 at St. Joseph Cathedral - 0
- Price tag to restore chimney about $1m - 0
- Officials disallow Woodmont slide show - 0
- Officials question Nashua parking proposal - 0
- House bill lowers emissions cap to meet RGGI standards - 1
License revocations for DWI announced