Home » News » Politics » Town Meetings
Sanborn school voters face pair of contract questions
The meeting for voters in Kingston and Newton begins at 7 p.m. at Sanborn Regional High School.
Voters will face a light agenda as the budget and contracts are the only proposals on the warrant.
The proposed school budget totals $31,586,769, but if it's defeated, the district will operate with a $31,519,733 default budget.
A new proposed three-year teachers' contract is also up for consideration. The contract comes two years after voters OK'd a new contract with raises in 2011, ending a fight to pass a new contract that lasted three years.
The new proposed contract seeks an additional $519,167 to cover increases in salaries and benefits in the 2013-2014 school year, another $459,466 in 2014-2015, and $529,314 in 2015-2016.
A second contract to cover support staff calls for $99,495 in salary and benefit increases in 2013-2014 and $74,973 in 2014-2015.
READER COMMENTS: 12
- Texting while stopped: Banning safe behavior - 4
- Lives not lost: As long as we remember - 0
- Slammed: A Seabrook officer indicted - 9
- Abuse in school: A city teacher and a late report - 2
- Computerized firearms: Holder's bad gun idea - 3
- Republican diversity: NH welcomes political ideas - 8
- Reams vs. Foster: A power grab struck down - 4
- City health costs: Wellness coordinator is no fix - 1
- R.I.P., Tom Brennan: A good manager and better man - 2
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Two crashes reported on I-93 in Canterbury, Londonderry - 0
- Man killed in Seabrook fire identified - 0
- Student brings knife into Nashua school - 0
- Ex-director jailed for theft from Londonderry nursery school - 1
- UPDATE: Search suspended for Northfield man a second day - 0
- Anonymous email was 'malicious,' says Auburn police commissioner - 0
- Senate votes to ban hand-held cellphone use in cars; bill heads back to House - 10
- Auburn town administrator under fire - 0
- Belmont High likely will keep Red Raider mascot - 3
Manchester mayor: 'It's the tax cap budget'
Derry woman accused of burglaries
Decency displayed: Havenstein's nice start