Home » News » Politics » Town Meetings
Sanborn school voters face pair of contract questions
The meeting for voters in Kingston and Newton begins at 7 p.m. at Sanborn Regional High School.
Voters will face a light agenda as the budget and contracts are the only proposals on the warrant.
The proposed school budget totals $31,586,769, but if it's defeated, the district will operate with a $31,519,733 default budget.
A new proposed three-year teachers' contract is also up for consideration. The contract comes two years after voters OK'd a new contract with raises in 2011, ending a fight to pass a new contract that lasted three years.
The new proposed contract seeks an additional $519,167 to cover increases in salaries and benefits in the 2013-2014 school year, another $459,466 in 2014-2015, and $529,314 in 2015-2016.
A second contract to cover support staff calls for $99,495 in salary and benefit increases in 2013-2014 and $74,973 in 2014-2015.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Vailas rallies UNH football to 29-26 win over Richmond - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Raiders should be tucked away early - 0
- St. Anselm football wins home opener, goes to 3-0 - 0
- SNHU golfer Nutter earns weekly honor - 0
- Dover's Helliwell wins ACT Invitational - 0
- Concord, Pinkerton, Coe-Brown runners win - 0
- Nashua South gets on track by beating Merrimack - 0
- Pinkerton stuffs Salem late, holds on - 0
- Dartmouth football wins opener over Central Conn., 35-25 - 0
Goodell vows domestic violence change