Home » News » Public Safety
Manchester officer who was shot returns to duty with little fanfare
Chief David Mara said many of Doherty's fellow officers were surprised when he showed up for roll call, but Doherty had wanted the return to be low key.
Mara said Doherty will be working limited duty on days for the time being. He will need to undergo some training before going back out on the street.
Doherty suffered seven wounds during a chase on the West Side that ended when Webster wheeled around and fired repeatedly at Doherty on the corner of Wayne and Rimmon streets.
Webster is now serving a term of 60 years to life after his December 2012 jury convictions for attempted murder, robbery, reckless conduct and resisting arrest.
READER COMMENTS: 5
- State revokes license for New Hampshire childcare center amid abuse allegations - 1
- Downed wires shuts Concord street - 0
- Quick-acting Litchfield woman jumps into canoe and paddles to rescue of kayaker - 1
- Man's story about stab wound questioned by Laconia police - 0
- Two fires in Manchester - 0
- Indictments issued in fatal crashes in Dover, Barrington, Rochester - 1
- Father of missing Conway teen says he wants custody of his daughter - 0
- Mass. man safe after crashing plane into Lake Winnipesaukee - 0
- Lebanon police lieutenant resigns during internal probe into faking of fitness test results - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UNH library halts book disposal after complaints - 0
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: Valenti Modified race was top shelf - 0
- Manchester school official points to 7 weapons cases not brought to conduct committee - 0
- Edie Loeb Tomasko dies, leaves UpReach Therapeutic Riding Center legacy - 0
- Witt named UNH women’s hockey coach - 0
- Ian Clark's High School Lacrosse: Bedford boys remains focused on third title - 0
- Fisher Cats steal home, beat New Britain - 0
- Executive Council vote: Centralized immunization registry becoming a reality - 0
- Littleton music store still playing the right notes - 0
New Hampshire Club Notes
Younger of two brothers convicted of murdering parents quietly released after 18 years in prison