Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Sep 18, 2014
Thirteen snared in Laconia-area drug bust
Charges ranged from mere possession of marijuana to sale of hard drugs such as heroin and oxycodone.
Laconia police Capt. William Clary said the people arrested include users and street-level dealers. The arrests capped investigations that involved sales and earlier-executed search warrants, he said.
"This is what we've been doing for several months," Clary said. "Some people thought they were free and clear. They'll never know when we come knocking."
He said the arrests will make people think twice about selling drugs in Laconia.Those arrested range from 19 years to 65 years of age. Seven gave residents of Laconia; others were from Belmont, Meredith, Franklin and New Hampton.
All were released on their own recognizance, and Clary said he hopes to win indictments against them when the Belmont County grand jury meets later this month.
The arrests were made by officers with Laconia and Belmont police, the Attorney General's Drug Task Force and the U.S. Marshal Service.
The thirteen are:
- Roberta Rama, 20, of Laconia. Possession of marijuana.
- Ryan Tuckett, 32, Laconia. Possession of marijuana with intent to distribute.
- Betsy Page, 54, Laconia. Sale of marijuana in a school zone.
- Ronald Steele, 19, Laconia. Possession of marijuana.
- Bradley Swinton, 65. Possession of marijuana with intent to distribute in a school zone.
- Sarah Smith, 25, Laconia. Conspiracy to sell crack cocaine.
- Stacey Gates, 37, Belmont. Sale of heroin. Criminal liability for another in the sale of heroin.
- Elisabeth Gates, 30, Belmont. Sale of heroin.
- Kerry Defeo, 25, Meredith. Transporting oxycodone in a motor vehicle.
- Alisha Morgan, 31, Franklin. Three counts, sale of cocaine.
- William Butler, 31, New Hampton. Three possession counts: heroin, Suboxen, Gabapentin.
- Garrett Brue, 19, Laconia. Conspiracy to sell oxycodone.
- Nicholas Ross, 23, Belmont. Sale of oxycodone.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester pub crawl leads to arrest of four - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Man has excuse for missing court in Conway - he was in jail - 0
- Claremont man charged with arson in May fire - 0
- Former Farmington fire chief waives arraignment on theft charges - 0
- $50k bail for two charged with beating pizza delivery man - 0
- Latest round of riot arrests includes 5 Keene State students - 0
- Suspected Pa. cop-killer Eric Frein taken into custody - 0
- Anonymous tip leads to arrest of moose poacher - 0
- Man facing robbery charges sentenced on probation violations - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Cross Country: Moskowitz, Kimball primed for Meet of Champions battle - 0
- Salem coach Rich has seen playoff runs from both sidelines - 0
- Monarchs' Schultz leads by example - 0
- Manchester Marathon day to draw about 1,700 runners - 0
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Londonderry vs. Salem is a playoff contest - 0
- Another View - Jeanne Shaheen: What it means to put New Hampshire first - 3
- Another View -- Scott Brown: To change direction, we need to change senators - 6
- Patricia LaFrance: For Hillsborough County Attorney - 1
- Misleading women: Does Kuster think they're bad at math? - 6
Manchester pub crawl leads to arrest of four
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483