Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Sep 18, 2014
Drug arrests follow hotel guest's call to Manchester police
A guest at La Quinta Hotel, 21 Front St., called 911 just after midnight when he overheard a conversation in a neighboring room, leading him to suspect drug activity was taking place.
Officers met with that hotel guest, who told them he heard people saying they couldn't wake up a woman and that she may have overdosed. Police went to the room where they could hear people talking inside the room before they knocked on the door and announced themselves. No one answered the door and, based on information suggesting there was an emergency medical issue inside, they forced the door open.
Inside were two men and a woman. Police said one of the men, identified as Christopher Adler, 27, of 1 Brandywine Drive, Hooksett, struggled with them when they tried to restrain him. Adler allegedly yelled at the officers, causing a general disturbance in the hotel, and they arrested him for resisting arrest and disorderly conduct.
The woman, identified as Amanda Montplaisir, 25, of 527 Wilson St., did not need medical assistance. However, police said she was found in possession of several Clonazepam and Seroquel pills and was subsequently arrested for possession of a narcotic and possession of a controlled drug.
The third man, who police did not identify, was taken into protective custody because of his apparent impairment. Investigators said they collected evidence indicative of drug activity in the room including needles, spoons, baggies and a scale. Additional information gleaned from the investigation indicated Adler was involved in drug sales, according to a police news release of the incident.
Adler was searched when he was booked at the police station, and police said they found 9.5 grams of suspected heroin on him. He was then charged with possession of a narcotic with the intent to distribute and falsifying physical evidence.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bedford police investigating burglary at Verizon Wireless store - 0
- Police: Manchester man charged with endangering child after going 101 mph - 0
- Man faces robbery, assault charges after extradition from NY - 0
- Driver overdosing on heroin causes crash - 0
- Hill sex offender arrested for 2012 arson of own home in Northfield - 0
- Deliberations begin in trial of former Derry man accused of sex assault - 0
- Mazzaglia pleads guilty to devising escape plan - 0
- Manchester pair arrested for fighting in Merrimack parking lot - 0
- Nashua man who was shot by officer sentenced to 5-10 years - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- John Habib's City Sports: St. Thomas coach: I owe Central - 0
- Armed burglar from Derry sentenced to prison - 0
- FairPoint customer concerned about blocked emails - 0
- Plaistow narrows field in search for its new police chief - 0
- Hershey Bears shut out Monarchs - 0
- NHIAA Football: Bedford used pick-six to beat Central - 0
- NHIAA Football: Bishop Guertin completes miracle, makes playoffs with win over Nashua South - 0
- NHIAA Football Roundup: Souhegan closes out season with a win - 0
- NHIAA Football: Londonderry edges Salem in wild finish - 0
Hockey brought them together; Hooksett ice rink will serve as NH couple's 'church' for wedding
NH Audubon's Rare Bird Alert
Dartmouth women skaters beat Union
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483