Vice principal gets promotion to helm of Pembroke's Three Rivers School
Jon Marston, the school's vice principal, will replace Deborah Bulkley, who is retiring after 12 years as principal.
"While I am sad to see Ms. Bulkley go, I am thrilled for her to start the next chapter of her life," said SAU 53 Co-Superintendent Patty Sherman.
"Ms. Bulkley has made an extraordinary impact on Three Rivers School and I have every confidence that Mr. Marston will not only continue to support the good work that is being done, but will also have his own vision for Three Rivers."
According to Sherman, Marston's appointment has been well received, saying "the staff and parents that I have spoken to are appreciative of the continuity that Mr. Marston will provide, and they are excited to have him step into his new role."
Marston has been an employee of the Pembroke School District for over 32 years, the entirety of his professional career, according to the release, serving as a physical education teacher, a coach and an activities director.
At Three Rivers, he is credited with the implementation and in some cases the development of a number of initiatives, including the new statewide common core standards, teacher evaluations, student management policies, budgets, and the use of the School Management System.
According to Sherman, the details of Marston's contract have yet to be officially finalized.
The school is also currently conducting a search for a new assistant principal to replace Marston.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dover man sought in Rochester shooting - 0
- Fed is in no rush to raise rates; S&P, Nasdaq end higher - 0
- Lawyer takes stand in his own defense at sex assault trial - 0
- Manchester-based refugee group says it's too early to expand to Seacoast - 0
- Supporters are now 'Abby Strong' - 0
- Trial involving former Derry town administrator delayed - 0
- Market Basket orders employees to return to work - 2
- PSU professor finds first mammoth tooth in NH - 0
- Derry woman arrested after police pursuit - 0
Market Basket community waits and watches
Derry woman arrested after police pursuit
Abby's alleged kidnapper held on $1M bail
Win tickets to see ZZ Top
Dover man sought in Rochester shooting
Supporters are now 'Abby Strong'