Vice principal gets promotion to helm of Pembroke's Three Rivers School
Jon Marston, the school's vice principal, will replace Deborah Bulkley, who is retiring after 12 years as principal.
"While I am sad to see Ms. Bulkley go, I am thrilled for her to start the next chapter of her life," said SAU 53 Co-Superintendent Patty Sherman.
"Ms. Bulkley has made an extraordinary impact on Three Rivers School and I have every confidence that Mr. Marston will not only continue to support the good work that is being done, but will also have his own vision for Three Rivers."
According to Sherman, Marston's appointment has been well received, saying "the staff and parents that I have spoken to are appreciative of the continuity that Mr. Marston will provide, and they are excited to have him step into his new role."
Marston has been an employee of the Pembroke School District for over 32 years, the entirety of his professional career, according to the release, serving as a physical education teacher, a coach and an activities director.
At Three Rivers, he is credited with the implementation and in some cases the development of a number of initiatives, including the new statewide common core standards, teacher evaluations, student management policies, budgets, and the use of the School Management System.
According to Sherman, the details of Marston's contract have yet to be officially finalized.
The school is also currently conducting a search for a new assistant principal to replace Marston.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Manchester makes move to outsource student driver education program - 3
- Nashua education board chair concerned about test scores - 0
- Dartmouth scholar to co-lead Arctic initiative - 0
- Manchester school health costs down, but plans called 'generous' - 0
- Manchester school board reaffirms 'get tough' policy for student assaults - 3
- Pinkerton Academy to issue refunds to sending towns - 0
- New Boston firefighters share safety tips with elementary school students - 0
- Public hearing on proposed school bonds - 1
- Crotched Mtn. school suit alleges abuse - 3
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Two more Keene State College students charged in riots - 1
- 2-alarm Manchester fire displaces 10 - 0
- Commodore Nutt takes D.C. by storm - 1
- School's out for voters - 2
- Kuster's abortion lies: Claims against Garcia are untrue - 19
- Senate battle attracts 17,000 TV ads in NH - 2
- Jonathan E. Benedict - 1
- Drew Cline: GOP missed opportunities could mean trouble on Tuesday - 4
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Demaryius Thomas is x-factor for Broncos' offense - 2
Trump fired up over NH mailer