Home » News » Public Safety
Hooksett police investigate reports of men approaching students at bus stops
Sgt. Janet Bouchard said investigators believe two of the incidents, in which a Hispanic man driving a silver minivan in one case and a silver sedan in another, could possibly be connected. She said the third incident is not believed to be connected since it involved a “tan” man in a pickup truck approaching a teenage boy.
The man in that incident is described as Hispanic with dark hair and "stubble" for a beard.
Four days later, on Monday, Jan. 28, a man driving a silver mini-van with dark-tinted windows approached a 15-year-old girl as she was walking home from the bus stop on Zapora Drive, near Mammoth Road. He asked her to get into his car but drove off when she refused.
The man in that incident is described as a clean-shaven Hispanic with straight black hair. He wore a white T-shirt and spoke broken English.
The third incident happened Tuesday afternoon. A man driving a light brown pickup truck, possibly a Dodge Ram, with a small blue star sticker on the tailgate, drove up next to a 14-year-old boy who was waiting at the bus stop near Julia and Nancy drives. The man, in clear English, asked what the boy's name was and where he lived.
The man remained parked for about 15 minutes before driving away.
He is described as a tan, short man with a skinny build with short, dark hair. He wore a gray sweatshirt and had sunglasses resting on top of his head. The truck is described as having a New Hampshire registration and a loud exhaust.
Police are asking the public to call them at 624-1560 with information concerning the incidents .
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Durham fire chief considered for similar post in Natick, Mass. - 0
- Wood-drying kiln heavily damaged by fire - 0
- FinnaRageTV uses Keene for promotion - 0
- After Keene riot, PSU campus on alert as party plan is spread by social media - 1
- 2-alarm Manchester fire displaces 10 - 0
- Missing Mason man found dead - 0
- Nashua police chief to retire - 0
- Pinkerton student taken to hospital after being hit by car - 1
- Heroin overdoses claim two in Laconia - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester pair arrested for fighting in Merrimack parking lot - 0
- Nashua man who was shot by officer sentenced to 5-10 years - 0
- Election Day hotline established to report suspected voter fraud, abuse - 1
- Nashua man charged in child sexual assault - 0
- Two accused of trafficking women in Hampton, Hooksett and Manchester - 0
- 'Fugitive of Week' captured in Hooksett - 0
- Pedestrian struck in Keene - 0
- NHIAA Cross Country: Moskowitz, Kimball primed for Meet of Champions battle - 0
- Salem coach Rich has seen playoff runs from both sidelines - 0
Manchester pub crawl leads to arrest of four
School's out for voters