Home » News » Public Safety
Hooksett police investigate reports of men approaching students at bus stops
Sgt. Janet Bouchard said investigators believe two of the incidents, in which a Hispanic man driving a silver minivan in one case and a silver sedan in another, could possibly be connected. She said the third incident is not believed to be connected since it involved a “tan” man in a pickup truck approaching a teenage boy.
The man in that incident is described as Hispanic with dark hair and "stubble" for a beard.
Four days later, on Monday, Jan. 28, a man driving a silver mini-van with dark-tinted windows approached a 15-year-old girl as she was walking home from the bus stop on Zapora Drive, near Mammoth Road. He asked her to get into his car but drove off when she refused.
The man in that incident is described as a clean-shaven Hispanic with straight black hair. He wore a white T-shirt and spoke broken English.
The third incident happened Tuesday afternoon. A man driving a light brown pickup truck, possibly a Dodge Ram, with a small blue star sticker on the tailgate, drove up next to a 14-year-old boy who was waiting at the bus stop near Julia and Nancy drives. The man, in clear English, asked what the boy's name was and where he lived.
The man remained parked for about 15 minutes before driving away.
He is described as a tan, short man with a skinny build with short, dark hair. He wore a gray sweatshirt and had sunglasses resting on top of his head. The truck is described as having a New Hampshire registration and a loud exhaust.
Police are asking the public to call them at 624-1560 with information concerning the incidents .
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Rochester 10-year-old, grandmother escape fire in home with no smoke detectors - 0
- Authorities say smoking ignited oxygen in Derry apartment building fire - 1
- Motorcyclist flown to Maine hospital following crash on Route 125 - 0
- Londonderry police to open station to residents - 0
- Affair, threats alleged in Weare police chief investigation - 9
- Cause of 3-alarm Derry fire remains under investigation - 0
- Claremont police warn public about suspicious soda bottles - 1
- Mechanical failure ruled out in fatal plane crash that claimed lives of two Kingston men - 0
- UPDATED: Cause of three-alarm Derry blaze under investigation - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Kuster, Shea-Porter split on vote to arm Syrian rebels - 0
- Man arrested in White Park stabbing in Concord - 0
- Two arrested, car and cash seized in SWAT raid, drug bust at South Mammoth Road home in Manchester - 0
- Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too - 3
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: Modified tour is shortened - 0
- Patriots Notebook: Pats wary of veteran playmaker Woodson - 0
- College Football: Expect offense when Richmond, UNH meet - 0
- Young fighters' dreams on display tonight at Fight to Educate - 0
- Drew Cline: When Republicans turn off Republicans - 7
Two arrested, car and cash seized in SWAT raid, drug bust at South Mammoth Road home in Manchester
Keene man charged with assault on 2-year-old
Another View -- Bill Duncan: What did the NH Supreme Court really say about private school funding?
Every vote counts: Here is the proof
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over
Havenstein says Christie backing a 'boost'