Home » News » Public Safety
Hooksett police investigate reports of men approaching students at bus stops
Sgt. Janet Bouchard said investigators believe two of the incidents, in which a Hispanic man driving a silver minivan in one case and a silver sedan in another, could possibly be connected. She said the third incident is not believed to be connected since it involved a “tan” man in a pickup truck approaching a teenage boy.
The man in that incident is described as Hispanic with dark hair and "stubble" for a beard.
Four days later, on Monday, Jan. 28, a man driving a silver mini-van with dark-tinted windows approached a 15-year-old girl as she was walking home from the bus stop on Zapora Drive, near Mammoth Road. He asked her to get into his car but drove off when she refused.
The man in that incident is described as a clean-shaven Hispanic with straight black hair. He wore a white T-shirt and spoke broken English.
The third incident happened Tuesday afternoon. A man driving a light brown pickup truck, possibly a Dodge Ram, with a small blue star sticker on the tailgate, drove up next to a 14-year-old boy who was waiting at the bus stop near Julia and Nancy drives. The man, in clear English, asked what the boy's name was and where he lived.
The man remained parked for about 15 minutes before driving away.
He is described as a tan, short man with a skinny build with short, dark hair. He wore a gray sweatshirt and had sunglasses resting on top of his head. The truck is described as having a New Hampshire registration and a loud exhaust.
Police are asking the public to call them at 624-1560 with information concerning the incidents .
READER COMMENTS: 67
- Horsing around: Manchester students name police horse - 1
- UPDATE: Elderly man burned in North Hampton camper fire has died - 3
- UPDATE: Windham's Common Man to open for dinner rush despite fire - 2
- Enfield fire leaves one burned - 0
- Driver rescued after Franklin crash, 50-foot plunge - 0
- Children hurt when tire swings falls in Manchester playground - 1
- Camper fire leaves Bridgewater man severely burned - 1
- N.J. woman injured in Moultonborough motorcycle crash - 1
- Danville police chief pleads not guilty in firearms case - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPDATE: Elderly Nashua couple were stabbed to death - 0
- UPDATE: Police say man found dead outside Wall Street Towers jumped - 3
- House, Senate at standoff over vaccines, voter registration bill - 0
- Rochester parents called to court to answer for truant children - 0
- Exeter High teachers' resignations announced at meeting - 0
- Rochester woman under arrest in underage party - 0
- LeBron, Heat edge Spurs in OT, force Game 7 - 0
- Santos drives in three as Curve beat Fisher Cats in 10 - 0
- Large billboards grabbing attention on Route 101 in Epping - 2
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time