Home » News » Public Safety
Police patroling Concord High after threat, ammo found
Lt. Timothy O'Malley said a threatening message directed at the staff was scrawled across a boys' bathroom wall on Jan. 29. The threat was serious, he said, and specified it would be carried out Wednesday, Feb. 6.
On Tuesday, a student reported seeing three bullets in a toilet bowl of another boys' restroom sometime between 1 and 3 p.m. He reported it to the school resource officer, but by the time they returned, the bullets were gone. Police don't know if someone flushed them down the toilet or removed them.
"I hope no one reached in and took them," said O'Malley. "You never know. Stranger things have happened."
They don't know who brought the ammunition to school or why, he said.
O'Malley said the police department had plans to increase police presence at the high school when the threatening message was discovered, details of which he declined to give citing the ongoing investigation. That presence was increased after the ammunition report was received.
He said the recent incident heightened concerns and school officials sent out a letter to parents about the situation.
O'Malley said extra police patrols were assigned to the school Tuesday and were there again Wednesday on school grounds.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two fires in Manchester - 0
- Indictments issued in fatal crashes in Dover, Barrington, Rochester - 0
- Father of missing Conway teen says he wants custody of his daughter - 0
- Mass. man safe after crashing plane into Lake Winnipesaukee - 0
- Lebanon police lieutenant resigns during internal probe into faking of fitness test results - 0
- Hampton man still in critical condition from Rte. 125 crash - 0
- UPDATE: Pilot OK after Lake Winnipesaukee plane crash - 0
- Hampton man in critical condition after crash on Route 125 - 0
- Concord water main break diverts traffic - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Quick-acting Litchfield woman jumps into canoe and paddles to rescue of kayaker - 0
- Police say Dover teen set fire that forced mother, 4 children from home - 0
- More than 100 NH doctors victims of identity theft, tax fraud - 0
- Londonderry councilors critical of town’s economic development website - 0
- Candia teen faces more counts in connection with burglary - 0
- Suspect arrested, loot recovered 10 minutes after Derry bank robbery - 0
- Ellsbury propels Yanks over Sox - 0
- Bruins shut out Wings - 0
- Phaneuf leads Derryfield laxers past Pelham - 0
Younger of two brothers convicted of murdering parents quietly released after 18 years in prison
Lake Winnipesaukee ice-out expected today
Secret arrests? Not if we can help it
Prepare to pay more to park in Manchester
Latest Groton wind farm fight: Snow plowing