Home » News » Public Safety
Police patroling Concord High after threat, ammo found
Lt. Timothy O'Malley said a threatening message directed at the staff was scrawled across a boys' bathroom wall on Jan. 29. The threat was serious, he said, and specified it would be carried out Wednesday, Feb. 6.
On Tuesday, a student reported seeing three bullets in a toilet bowl of another boys' restroom sometime between 1 and 3 p.m. He reported it to the school resource officer, but by the time they returned, the bullets were gone. Police don't know if someone flushed them down the toilet or removed them.
"I hope no one reached in and took them," said O'Malley. "You never know. Stranger things have happened."
They don't know who brought the ammunition to school or why, he said.
O'Malley said the police department had plans to increase police presence at the high school when the threatening message was discovered, details of which he declined to give citing the ongoing investigation. That presence was increased after the ammunition report was received.
He said the recent incident heightened concerns and school officials sent out a letter to parents about the situation.
O'Malley said extra police patrols were assigned to the school Tuesday and were there again Wednesday on school grounds.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPDATE: Police say man found dead outside Wall Street Towers jumped - 5
- Concord police stun, arrest gun rights protester after officer touched on shoulder - 150
- Horsing around: Manchester students name police horse - 1
- UPDATE: Elderly man burned in North Hampton camper fire has died - 3
- UPDATE: Windham's Common Man to open for dinner rush despite fire - 2
- Enfield fire leaves one burned - 0
- Driver rescued after Franklin crash, 50-foot plunge - 0
- Children hurt when tire swings falls in Manchester playground - 1
- Camper fire leaves Bridgewater man severely burned - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Road to Recovery helps America's heroes - 0
- Valenti Modified Series back at it - 0
- Seabrook scores in OT to give Blackhawks win, series tie - 0
- Apology issued for naming of Boston bomber as a victim of gun violence at Concord rally - 23
- Hellickson, Rays handcuff Red Sox - 0
- Celtics' Rivers, Ainge meet to clear air - 0
- Fisher Cats drop second straight - 0
- Troubles mount for Patriots' Hernandez - 0
- Central High student says he was knocked unconscious; police investigate racial motive - 0
Celtics' Rivers, Ainge meet to clear air
Tax credit math: Who owns your money?
Drones and privacy: Debate just taking off