Home » News » Public Safety
Police patroling Concord High after threat, ammo found
Lt. Timothy O'Malley said a threatening message directed at the staff was scrawled across a boys' bathroom wall on Jan. 29. The threat was serious, he said, and specified it would be carried out Wednesday, Feb. 6.
On Tuesday, a student reported seeing three bullets in a toilet bowl of another boys' restroom sometime between 1 and 3 p.m. He reported it to the school resource officer, but by the time they returned, the bullets were gone. Police don't know if someone flushed them down the toilet or removed them.
"I hope no one reached in and took them," said O'Malley. "You never know. Stranger things have happened."
They don't know who brought the ammunition to school or why, he said.
O'Malley said the police department had plans to increase police presence at the high school when the threatening message was discovered, details of which he declined to give citing the ongoing investigation. That presence was increased after the ammunition report was received.
He said the recent incident heightened concerns and school officials sent out a letter to parents about the situation.
O'Malley said extra police patrols were assigned to the school Tuesday and were there again Wednesday on school grounds.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua police chief to retire - 0
- Pinkerton student taken to hospital after being hit by car - 0
- Heroin overdoses claim two in Laconia - 0
- Concrete chunk falls onto sidewalk from Elm Street building in Manchester - 0
- Traffic, parking complaints related to Hollis farm stand - 0
- Crews still working on replacing poles after accident - 0
- Woman, 56, struck by car in Laconia accident - 0
- Manchester police investigate two crashes involving two cruisers - 3
- Boy on scooter hits moving vehicle, taken to hospital - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Commodore Nutt takes D.C. by storm - 1
- School's out for voters - 0
- Kuster's abortion lies: Claims against Garcia are untrue - 10
- Senate battle attracts 17,000 TV ads in NH - 1
- Jonathan E. Benedict - 1
- Drew Cline: GOP missed opportunities could mean trouble on Tuesday - 2
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Demaryius Thomas is x-factor for Broncos' offense - 1
- College Football: Big Green ready for tussle with Harvard - 0
- UNH Notebook: Albany is much improved - 0
Trump fired up over NH mailer