Seacoast Episcopal churches announce Ash Wednesday schedule
on Ash Wednesday, Feb. 13, the Holy Eucharist with the Imposition of Ashes will occur in each church.
Trinity Church, 200 High St., Hampton, will hold its service at noon. The service at Christ Church, located at 1035 Lafayette Road, Portsmouth, will be held at 7 p.m.
Sunday services throughout the Lenten season strike a simpler, more penitential tone than those normally offered through the rest of the year.
On the first Sunday of Lent, Feb. 17, Christ Church's 10:30 a.m. service will begin with the Great Litany in procession.
At Trinity Church's 8:45 a.m. Eucharist that day, the Penitential Order will be offered.
More information on any of the above programs may be obtained by accessing the church web sites: christepiscopalchurch.us or trinityhampton.org.
READER COMMENTS: 30
- Thomas Sowell: The legal system exists to prevent mob 'justice' - 3
- Another View -- Cass Sunstein: A salute to the graceful silence of George W. Bush - 7
- David Harsanyi : Run, Liz, run! - 19
- Another View -- Bill O'Brien: Ask your state rep. to vote for transparency in the House - 43
- Another View -- Harold Meyerson: The right underestimates Elizabeth Warren's appeal - 39
- Jonah Goldberg: There was a time when we stood up to threats against free speech - 2
- Why I voted against the 'CRomnibus' spending bill - 20
- Another View -- Devon Chaffee: Why interrogators believe America should never torture - 2
- David Harsanyi: GOP establishment, stop whining - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Pinkerton community excited about relationship with Google - 0
- OKC outguns Bonner, Spurs - 0
- Schaller sent back to minors - 0
- Mount Sunapee plan opponents want more hearings - 0
- Former Colonial Theatre finance director indicted - 0
- Circut Court Judge refuses to recuse himself from hearings - 0
- Pipeline push gets a second wind - 0
- Newbies welcome on NH slopes - 0
- Troy welfare officer indicted for misusing town’s money - 0
Murder suspect fit for trial?
'Interview' buzz spreads to NH
Pipeline push gets a second wind
Schaller sent back to minors